Edit History

Tom

Tom

Try "The Daedalus Encounter" for an example of what this kind of ultra-90's, "you're-an-ROV-pilot-investigating-mysterious-aliens" FMV game can be like when the designers actually put some damned effort into its script and puzzles, and even come up with a decent, possibly even original excuse for why you're having to interact with the world via a flimsy ROV with incredibly crude controls in the first place.  Oh, and I think Ross might just like the soundtrack too.

Uh, that's if you can cope with a grisly, show-the-literal-flesh-to-technology-grafts-inside-your-own-brain cyberpunk player interface that looks like THIS, but Ross has played Phantasmagoria, so I'm sure he'll be fine:

Daedalus.jpg

The game's still a 1995 FMV, so inherently limited, but it's got very high production values and the designers were clearly pushing right up against the boundaries of the medium.  Yes, that's Tia Carrere; apparently she really loves sci-fi and had a blast making it.

Tom

Tom

Try "The Daedalus Encounter" for an example of what this kind of ultra-90's, "you're-an-ROV-pilot-investigating-mysterious-aliens" FMV game can be like when the designers actually put some damned effort into its script and puzzles, and even come up with a decent, possibly even original excuse for why you're having to interact with the world via a flimsy ROV with incredibly crude controls in the first place.  Oh, and I think Ross might just like the soundtrack too.

Uh, that's if you can cope with a grisly, show-the-literal-flesh-to-technology-grafts-inside-your-own-brain cyberpunk player interface that looks like THIS, but Ross has played Phantasmagoria, so I'm sure he'll be fine:

Daedalus.jpg

The game's still a 1995 FMV, so inherently very limited, but it's got *very* high production values and the designers were clearly pushing right up against the boundaries of the medium.  Yes, that's Tia Carrere; apparently she really loves sci-fi and had a blast making it.

Tom

Tom

Try "The Daedalus Encounter" for an example of what this kind of ultra-90's, "you're-an-ROV-pilot" FMV game can be like when the designers actually put some damned effort into its script and puzzles, and even come up with a decent, possibly even original excuse for why you're having to interact with the world via a flimsy ROV with incredibly crude controls in the first place.  Oh, and I think Ross might just like the soundtrack too.

Uh, that's if you can cope with a player interface that looks like THIS:

Daedalus.jpg

Tom

Tom

Try "The Daedalus Encounter" for an example of what this kind of ultra-90's, "you're-an-ROV-pilot" FMV game can be like when the designers actually put some damned effort into its script and puzzles, and even come up with a decent, possibly even original excuse for why you're having to interact with the world via a flimsy ROV with incredibly crude controls in the first place.  Oh, and I think Ross might just like the soundtrack too.

Tom

Tom

Try "The Daedalus Encounter" for an example of just this kind of ultra-90's, "you're-an-ROV-pilot" FMV games, only one that actually put some damned effort into its script and puzzles, and even comes up with a half-decent, possibly even original excuse for why you're having to interact with the world via a flimsy ROV with incredibly crude controls in the first place.  Oh, and I think Ross might just like the soundtrack too.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 71 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.