Firefox Plugin Issue

"Mozilla explains why Firefox add-ons stopped working... and how to fix the problem"

https://betanews.com/2019/05/04/mozilla-fixes-firefox-add-ons-problem/

Since late last night, Firefox users have been plagued with a problem that meant no add-ons were working. Extensions were disabled and users were unable to re-enable them, causing confusion and frustrationaround the world.

It turns out that that the reason Firefox add-ons stopped working is that a signing certificate expired. Having determined the cause of the problem, Mozilla has developed a fix for users of the desktop version of Firefox on the Release, Beta and Nightly channels.

The chances are that you won't need to do anything in order to receive the fix as Mozilla is taking the somewhat unusual step of using the Studies system -- usually used to try out new features -- to roll it out. Unless, of course, you happen to have disabled Studies. You can check to see whether you have it enabled by heading to Options > Privacy and looking for the Allow Firefox to install and run studies option. Just check the box if it is not already.

I got an odd feeling something else is going on and will be switching browsers because of this, that's not good having all your plugins get turned off like that.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

Been hearing about that.

Switched to the Brave browser because that has a ad block built in.

"I don't trust a man that doesn't have something strange going on about him, cause that means he's hiding it from you. If a man's wearing his pants on his head or if he says his words backwards from time to time, you know it's all laid out there for you. But if he's friendly to strangers and keeps his home spick-and-span, more often than not he's done something even his own ma couldn't forgive." -No-bark Noonan

I'm still going on Chrome with no issues... Firefox lost me when they changed the UI, and then started making addons stop working if they weren't designed for the newest version.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 1 Anonymous, 71 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.