Top Ten Games of the decade.

Sign in to follow this  

Whelp, it's that time of year, well decade again. It's a time of reflection, and I have to ask, "What are your best games of the decade?" Here's my list:

10.) Dissidia 012: Final Fantasy

Amazing fighting game. Amazing Final Fantasy. Even contains the first Dissidia. Shame it's only PSP/Vita.

9.) Kingdom Hearts 3D

Riku is playable again, which is always welcomed. The Drop mechanic can get kinda annoying, especially when you're in the middle of a boss fight, and you've gotta use a Drop-Me-Not so you don't have to start over. There's two major twists in this entry (and one you can see coming a mile away). One of them works really well, and the other is a mixed bag.

8.) The Last Of Us (Remastered)

I didn't play the original, but only the "Remastered" version. I was hesitant with this one, seeing as Naughty Dog didn't grab me with the Uncharted series. However, after the prologue, I was hooked. One of the very few games that actually made me cry.

7.) Boi Of War

Two things: Combat is the best part. Boss fights are the worst. Like with Arkham Asylum, they're all basically the same thing really.

6.) Mark of the Ninja

The only Indie game to make my list. Basically the ultimate Horror game where you are the horror.

5.) Kingdom Hearts 3

Not the best Kingdom Hearts game, but the best one that came out this decade.

4.) Witcher 3

Amazing game from start to finish, even if the final battle dragged on a bit too long for me.

3.) Digimon Cyber Sleuth/Hacker's Memory

Hacker's Memory is a side story to Cyber Sleuth, even though there's some (minor) continuity errors. Even if you've never heard of Digimon before, the Complete Edition might be worth checking out.

2.) Marvel's Spider-Man

Honestly the 2nd game I 100% on my first playthrough

1.) Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

The first game I 100% on my first playthrough. Hell, I re-bought a PS3 just to replay the game (don't worry, I've gotten other games too).

So, I ask you: What's your Top Ten of the decade?

Edited by Psychotic Ninja (see edit history)

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

1. Star Trek Online

This is the game that has held my attention the longest, despite being from the early side of the decade. (February 2010)

2. Fallout 4

MODS!!!

3. Destiny 2

Ever since it went free on Steam, it has steadily risen in my list, though it's highly unlikely to ever go any higher.

4. Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

Yarr... Ye know why this be on the list.

5. Just Cause 3

I don't have 4, so I can only go off what I have.

6. Red Faction Guerilla Re-mars-tered

Juicy destruction!

7. Wasteland 2

Was worthy of my rare preorder, which I did back before they even had a public build. I could see the game being awesome, and I was right.

8. Age of Wonders 3

A reboot that is very worthy of the name. More of a "Civilization" feel than actual Civilization games anymore.

9. The Division 2

Definitely made up for the mess that was the original Division, it's sort of lost my attention due to kinda requiring actual other people to do things at max level.

10. Ghost Recon Breakpoint

It has a ways to go before it's actually complete, but what I see so far is very good. I even managed to figure out how to get kills beyond visual range by shooting turrets. Sadly the system has limited me to a 700m kill distance though, as that is the maximum visual range.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I have a favorite for every year and that's basically what my top 10 is.

2010, Fallout: New Vegas

2011, Dark Souls

2012, Hotline Miami

2013, Battlefield 4

2014, Dark Souls 2

2015, Undertale

2016, Stardew Valley

2017, NieR: Automata

2018, this one depends on if you want to count technically unfinished games. Deltarune if yes, Celeste if no.

2019, Resident Evil 2

the name's riley