Pilgrim Quest 2

Sign in to follow this  

When I was young, back in around 2002, I remember playing a game in my computer class. It was a game similar to Oregon Trail, except you'd be a pilgrim on the Mayflower colonizing the new world. I remember everyone really liking the game. However, I was unable to acquire a copy for myself. Years later, I went to look for the game, and I was completely unable to find anything on the game, save for a picture of the title screen (Which I included). There was archived versions playable on the internet of the original game, however it seemed the sequel was lost to time. 

I decided to ask about it on reddit, and nothing came of it for a few months. Then out of the blue, someone sent me an ISO they managed to rip from an old CD lying around. I managed to dig through the files using 7zip and It's definitely the game, however the .EXE files are either broken or incompatible, and I can't seem to even run them on my PC to figure out what's wrong. I'm not sure how I'd go about trying to make this game playable again, or at least manage to preserve it. I figured you guys might be interested, as it's as obscure as it gets. I do have a mega link to the ISO if you're interested, but I'm new to the site, and I'm not sure what your policies are regarding this kind of stuff.

Pilgrim Quest 2.jpg

Update: I managed to get the game to work in Dosbox, after emulating windows 3.1 and running it through that. Game works perfectly.

Edited by Steel Mittens (see edit history)

On 9/10/2021 at 7:40 PM, wild on bud said:

Hey bro, any chance you can send me that iso?

Hi, I'm the one who originally provided the link. I can PM it to you if you're still looking.

I don't know all that much about obscure game preservation. Are there any archival groups I should give the game to? I can provide the ISO and/or ship the original disk if needed.

EDIT: It looks like the OP managed to make it available at https://archive.org/details/pilgimquestiiwinedvmfull .

Edited by Darth Crater (see edit history)