Got a great game for Ross: Hype The Time Quest!

Sign in to follow this  

Honestly, it's such a little jewel, and it's a VERY interesting video game through and through. I'm sure some of you guys played it, I hope that some day Ross takes a look at it and maybe makes a video about it. It's perfect for Game Dungeon - lots of charm, pretty good gameplay, very interesting storyline with time travel and all this in a Playmobile game.

Ross, do yourself a favour and play this game!

Oh, thanks a lot, I'll email him about this.

Don't worry, there's plenty to talk about when it comes to Hype. Honestly, for a "children" game the story is pretty big and a serious one at that, you're sent back by a Black Knight to the past so he can wreak havoc upon the land and with the help of a novice magician you try to go back to your time to defeat him, there are 4 time periods, the 4th being your own to which you want to go back, and you change the time periods frequently back and forth in order to solve some puzzles, there are a lot of smaller plot points throughout the whole game, a lot of characters, good and bad and just a lot to do. You see the land change, characters grow, including your fellow magician, who at one point even grows a beard and it's just a delight to see everything change when you jump between the periods. To be honest, in it's structure it resembles Soul Reaver and it's a similar game in some aspects, I would say. This game was made by Ubisoft around the time when Rayman 2 was released and they did a very good job, it's a budgety game, but it's really pretty great.

Edited by cellargoat (see edit history)