My Greatest mix ever

Sign in to follow this  

http://www19.zippyshare.com/v/48992258/file.html

Sorry about zippysharing it, I was running out of room on my soundcloud and I don't want to mark the tracks for mixcloud yet. If you don't want to download it, they do have a music player right under the download area

It's about an hour long so make sure you have time. I need feedback on this though. I thought it was much more varied and fun than my last one I posted here. Hope you like it.

Hi Friend.

Gotta rate this one :D

EDIT: Zak, you gotta be kidding with the 192 kb per second matey... :lol:

Anyway will put on during work and rate anyway... :)

Also, I think I'm going to throw a techno set tomorrow..

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Lol, yeah 192 is large enough that you don't lose a considerable amount of sound, but is small enough that an hour long mix doesn't take forever to load up on some internet connections. Also, I do DJ battles on a website and they require you to upload in 192 so their server space doesn't get too full.

Hi Friend.

Lol, yeah 192 is large enough that you don't lose a considerable amount of sound, but is small enough that an hour long mix doesn't take forever to load up on some internet connections. Also, I do DJ battles on a website and they require you to upload in 192 so their server space doesn't get too full.

I'm an audiophile...

If I listen to anything below 210 kb/ps I already feel nausous.

If I listen to something below 192 Kb/ps I will throw up.

Anyway, just finished a Techno set, will post link here:

http://djquail.promodj.ru/promos/2550094/July_Techno_Promo_Set.html (320 kbps)

Now to your mix:

I love your involvement of phaser and loop effects, It was also a long time ago since I've heard a melody mix and I always like to hear something juxtapositional to what I do as a change. (Mixing through the middle of the tracks)

Now to a question: Did you mix by the harmonical scale? I observed an offscale mix at the first track.

Next,

The track selection of the mix is too mainstream for me personally, I think people here know that Mainstream tracks kill my soul by now ;)

Gotta give props for the Avicii track though. (My feelings for you) Amazing track.

Lastly, I have to give you a congratulatory hanshake for what seems like 30 tracks in 64 minutes?

Haven't attempted this since a year ago.

Overall I rate this set

Technicality mixing - 7.5/10

Originality - 9.5/10

Track selection - 5.5/10

Overall groove and structure of the mix - 9/10

Also is the website you are talking about by any chance house-mixes.com??

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I'm an audiophile...

If I listen to anything below 210 kb/ps I already feel nausous.

If I listen to something below 192 Kb/ps I will throw up.

Anyway, just finished a Techno set, will post link here:

http://djquail.promodj.ru/promos/2550094/July_Techno_Promo_Set.html (320 kbps)

Now to your mix:

I love your involvement of phaser and loop effects, It was also a long time ago since I've heard a melody mix and I always like to hear something juxtapositional to what I do as a change. (Mixing through the middle of the tracks)

Now to a question: Did you mix by the harmonical scale? I observed an offscale mix at the first track.

Next,

The track selection of the mix is too mainstream for me personally, I think people here know that Mainstream tracks kill my soul by now ;)

Gotta give props for the Avicii track though. (My feelings for you) Amazing track.

Lastly, I have to give you a congratulatory hanshake for what seems like 30 tracks in 64 minutes?

Haven't attempted this since a year ago.

Overall I rate this set

Technicality mixing - 7.5/10

Originality - 9.5/10

Track selection - 5.5/10

Overall groove and structure of the mix - 9/10

Also is the website you are talking about by any chance house-mixes.com??

Djforums.com actually.

Anyway, thanks. I was hoping dropping tracks like Argentina in there would take out that mainstream vibe, but I guess it didn't.

I don't 100% try to be harmonical when mixing, but if it sounds bad enough I won't play it. I probably should though. I like mixing without knowing every track I'm going to play. The transition at 7:30 was rough because of erratical basslines (curse you Deejay Fiesto). It wasn't noticable mixing through headphones.

I have two things before I go though, my new mix is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSbF9spf2qg, and one more thing.

My Feelings For You Have Always Been Real. My Feelings For You Have Always Been Real. My Feelings For You Have Always Been Real. My Feelings For You Have Always Been Real. My Feelings For You Have Always Been Real. My Feelings For You Have Always Been Real. My Feelings For You Have Always Been Real. My Feelings For You Have Always Been Real. My Feelings For You Have Always Been Real.

Hi Friend.