Trailer mess

Sign in to follow this  

Man, this pressure must blow. I'll wait for the full episode but judging from the posts here the trailer is good enough, so don't worry about it.

I don't understand why Machinima gives you the support you deserve. If it'll help, we'll go picket or something .

I got so intrigued when you said that what I just saw in my subscribion window on YT was some p.o.s. rushed trailer that I just had to see how bad it is!

And... you are good. I mean "goooooood" in a sense that something you call "rushed" others will call professional work... so, it's pretty good rushed sound! Sure, it's piece of shit compared to the finished version but it's better than many things I saw... heard.

Also, I won't say that you shouldn't be so hard on yourself(as others did). Cuz you aren't, right? You know the best what is and what isn't good... so, waiting for the proper version... ; ]

Jesus Christ, 32 hours in two days. That is too much work. I know you work for them and can't really talk back, but tell them to back off. I say quality over quantity.

Even without the music the trailer was very good, i cannot wait to see the full trailers and the episode.

Maybe Ross can make his own decisions and doesn't need career advice from random internet consumers who aren't paying him a cent.

hey ross

man i see that machinima are giving you a hard time man, i enjoy the movies you make man dont

let machinima bring you or your movies down =)

thanks for the update! Look forward to another badass episode soon! ^-^

Ross "The Tunnel" looks like it is going to be a awesome episode! Trailer isn't bad at all although it may not be your best work. I hope to see it soon. Happy Halloween all!

-Serbdude

Its starting to sound like taking the job at Machinima is turning out to be a bad, if not horrible, decision.

I never knew of machimana or w/e that site is until you linked it in your vids. Im sure plenty of people like me have found YOU via just random youtube exploration. I think i myself found you via a youtube feature link.

If you leave the combine mother-site then well, prepare for unforeseen consequences....

Machinima better be taking good care of you. If not, Citadel Inventory Oversight Administrator has reported several available stasis bays, as well as one Advisorial Escape Pod.

Just got a chance to view the new trailer for the Halloween episode and it's looking really good. I can't wait to see the full episode. Don't kill your self getting it out I have waited this long I can wait a little longer. I agree that your machinama rails most anything out there right now. Keep up the great work and please extend to HL2, can't get enough.

I'm sorry to hear that machinima.com is pushing you so hard, hope that this is just a temporary state of affairs. I have to say though that despite the lower quality I can still see that this film, when finished is going to be one of your best.

Also I have been using your choreography guide recently to learn to use faceposer and hammer, I think my tests have come out quite well so I decided to post a subscriber announcement in the form of a faceposer scene. Here is a link to the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAyB5WsdvsY it also uses your motion blur technique.

Screw Machinima. You don't need them, they need you!

So does all this work mean Machinima don't want their 3rd Freeman's Mind this month? Anyway Ross can't believe how much I look forward too the eps, the Tunnel looks amazing! And I love the incisive comments of the one Freeman. TBH, while I think you seem to be rushing episodes of FM, and obviously that does affect things, they still remain of a high quality. So when you feel down about the whole "situation" just remember that what you may think is bad, we all think is amazing. Have a happy Halloween.

Perhaps it would be helpful to talk to an agent, or someone you trust with good business acumen, who could give you some independent advice on the rates and terms you're selling your work under? Finding a more suitable deal or even getting a perspective that makes the one you have seem more favourable could be beneficial. It's important to get the renumeration you need and develop a suitable environment to work in.

I suggest this because it comes across that you're not happy with all aspects of your contract and I would be upset to see you or FM suffer because of this - I appreciate you both very much!

Did I hear a 'Howler' from 'Clive Barker's: Undying'?

Take your time Ross...Machinima isn't run by 'Fox', is it?

Trailer is certainly not up to the best of standards, but it's still not looking shabby. Can't wait to see the finished product.

@ Anonymous at 19:46:10 and Anonymous at 20:03:04

Stop Critzing Scott. He's got enough stress as it is. Let him have time to work things out with his employers and/or decide what's best for him to do. For you and others who say that he sold his soul to machinima/is constantly portraying his company in a negative light you need to swallow a reality pill and realize that he was given an opportunity to do something he loves for a living, and he sacrificed a lot to come out there and work for them with promises of creative freedom, and all the necessary space and equipment he needs to produce the stuff that we all love. Its the opportunity of a life time that most of us will never get. However Machinima has failed to hold up its promises and has worked him ragged. Giving him unrealistic deadlines constantly, not providing necessary equipment, not getting the support that was initially promised to him, and he is being forced to sacrifice the quality that he prides himself on. He had to work 75 hours for weeks to get everything done. I wonder how much of that was paid hours. He has also never really critized anyone, esp. his employers. All that he has done is made an effort to explain the delays that have happened. In fact he had been forced to defend his employers on numerous occasions to commentators just like you guys. If Machinima is beginning to look bad and unprofessional to you guys its their fault. GET A GRIP YOU GUYS and lay off Ross. He has enough stress as it is and he doesnâ