Idea for a program, give me opinions

Sign in to follow this  

I want to begin working on a program which I'm going to call Forum Browser.

This program will let you browse forums with real-time updates, plus you can set bbcode commands with this system so if there is some commands that doesn't show up in the list of commands, you can create those and put them in the same way you would any other commands. For example, there is a forum I go on that has [soundcloud], [mixcloud], [mixcrate], and bbcode commands but they don't show up in the list you typically see above when posting. This would allow you to have those commands available with a click of the mouse instead of having to type those out.

There would be more features than that, I just wanted to get the basic premise out there.

Hi Friend.

There's a tag on another forum I've browsed where [youtube=IDENTIFIER] is the complete tag for a youtube video to be posted positioned in the middle of the post. Such as

[youtube=aV-_gTaIKaw]

Also, something I'd like to be able to do in this forum actually would be modifiers for pictures for formatting.

width="300" alig[color=whiten="right"]URL[/im[/color]g] stuff like that.

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

Yeah but not all forums have that. That would just be an option for tags that aren't all there.

Hi Friend.