FREEMAN'S MIND: EPISODE 22

Sign in to follow this  

45.jpg

Download 672x384 WMV (98MB)

Here's the next episode. Sorry about the delay on this one, I have very limited control over how things get released on Machinima's channel. This episode is pretty typical of the series. I think my voice acting could have been better, but there ended up being a lot of time pressure on this one. I'm also running into a new bug that I'm basically just ignoring. When there's a level transition, the demo recording function for Half Life Source completely ignores all ragdolls that weren't spawned with the level. So if there are any bodies left there previously, they're gone later on. I doubt there's any solution to this, so oh well. I should be done with another episode for Thursday. I believe it will go up then, but I'm hesitant to promise since it's beyond my control after a point. It will be a shorter one, but the length is dictated mostly by the best areas to have a jumping off point in the game so it doesn't feel too abrupt.

Also I am far behind on email and plan to respond to most of them, but I may adopt a new policy of not responding to questions that you can find with 5-10 minutes of research as I've been getting a lot of these lately. I can appreciate if you have a specific question about something I did in the Source engine with a Civil Protection episode because I sometimes employ a lot of tricks there, or information that is very difficult to find; but dozens of emails asking me things like how to enable cheat codes in Half-Life I just can't see myself responding to, sorry guys. Nothing I do in Freeman's Mind is terribly exotic, it's just some config file editing. I'm not editing maps, running mods, or changing any code. It's just cheat codes and hotkeys. I should be your LAST resort for finding information, not the first. I'm not trying to be unfriendly, but I think everyone, myself especially, would prefer I just make more videos rather than play tech support to the world.

EDIT:

Well guys, I had Episode 23 finished and submitted first thing this morning, but it's not up yet, so oh well. It's anyone's guess when it will go online.

Fantastic as always!

It amazes me - after about two and a half hours of material to date, this series is still watchable, funny and interesting all the way through.

Well done, I hope you keep going all the way to White Forest with this, and beyond

Cheers

Cool new episode, kind of defines the word "Grunt" for the army guys here.

Have you thought about releasing the episodes weekly, even when you have one done?

Just seems like it would cut out the long explanations of how each episode is released.

It didn't make sense to do it before because you had plenty of other stuff to do, and you probably still do, but the episodes are coming out faster, and checking accursedfarms for a new video is like a hit or miss chance.

also forgot to mention that the sport ideas were great.

hey ross in half life source how do you do a pull up?

@steyraugshooter

No he just binds "noclip" to a key then uses it to noclip slowly and..."Pulls" up

/Nick

great episode, once again!

and thanks for your hard work!

I think the quality of these videos is great for the speed they are being produced. Nice job, keep it up.

I sprayed Pepsi out of my nose when Freeman made the comment about his head exploding. Good job!

Ross this series is amazing keep up the great work oh and stop leaving us with cliff hangers!! LOL

good job Ross, don't pressure yourself too much. quality is pretty good and i like your voiceacting. i found the parts where you were squirming/running past some dangerous obstacles the funniest, the sound you make really made me laugh

You're chucking us new episodes like every week - this is awesome work Ross. The quality is always high too!!!

just wondering but do you have any intent of using the up coming black Mesa Source? its basically HL1 made in the source engine properly, that is with the quality of HL2. the only problem is that it would mean changing to a much different looking game part way though the series.

I thought the episode was great can't say it was your best one yet, but still pretty damn good. However, I think if you just spend an extra day or two on dialog you could greatly improve the quality of your videos. Keep up the good work, but take your time (you're sort of starting to get repetitive)

YOU ARE A GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am dumping christianity and becoming a rossscottian!

p.s.

I'm making a vid on machinima , It's kinda like LOST but with rebels

I don't think I ever mentioned this before, but Freeman's Mind is the reason I bought the original Half-Life games off Steam. Forget Machinima, Valve should hire you!

I should make a shirt that reads I'm a rossscottian.

I don't really understand the level transition problem, but if the issue is that bodies disappear when backtracking then you may just shoot the backtracking scenes in advance, with the ragdolls still in the level. Or maybe that is not possible for some reason or this advice is retarded. Anyway, I didn't notice, so I bet vast majority of people doesn't.

these are coming out so fast i love its great