Game of Thrones

Sign in to follow this  

Alright, I just got done watching season 1 of Game of Thrones my new favorite tv show. If you haven't seen it, I suggest you go watch it although fair warning it is pretty graphic. Is (or has) anybody else watched this amazing tv series? Also can't wait to see season 2!

"Alyxx Thorne: Batman/10"

"HLPrincess: Also, I'm very proud we have Batman Himself on the Forum."

What is it about?

This is a nice metric server. No imperial dimensions, please.

I actually plan on reading the books instead. I've heard the author described as the modern Tolkien which is a good review to me if anything.

Retired Forum Moderator

I actually plan on reading the books instead. I've heard the author described as the modern Tolkien which is a good review to me if anything.

Thats a good description of what its like, it really has that feel to it. I might read the books :)

What is it about?

Its confusing, but its about noble families struggling for power over the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros. Theres alot of backstabbing and plotting among pretty much everyone. It gets pretty dark at points, but is still fantastic! Most of the story revolves around the bitterness between the Stark and Lannister families, and also the exiled Targaryen family. I can't wait to see season 2!

Lannisters....can't trust 'em.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

Yeah I was waiting for it even before the first episode aired.

I loved it, I haven't read the books but I know the entire story at least in a nutshell up to the last book that was released.

Great cast and high production (can't expect any less from HBO, not after Band of Brothers)

The only thing that might turn people off of the series is that the story is pretty confusing. There are a lot of different characters all advancing different stories at the same time. Some tie together but others don't for quite a long time.

The LoTR's is a lot simpler. It's pretty clean cut good versus evil. A Song of Ice and Fire is a lot more gray, even with the Lannisters.

Lannisters....can't trust 'em.

I hate the Lannisters! :x (Except I like the Tyrion Lannister [the dwarf] hes an interesting character.)

Yeah I was waiting for it even before the first episode aired.

I loved it, I haven't read the books but I know the entire story at least in a nutshell up to the last book that was released.

Great cast and high production (can't expect any less from HBO, not after Band of Brothers)

The only thing that might turn people off of the series is that the story is pretty confusing. There are a lot of different characters all advancing different stories at the same time. Some tie together but others don't for quite a long time.

The LoTR's is a lot simpler. It's pretty clean cut good versus evil. A Song of Ice and Fire is a lot more gray, even with the Lannisters.

I gotta agree with you there, I was alittle confused on the first episode on who was who, but I caught on.

I can't wait to see the Targaryen princess's story tie in with the rest. If it does that is. She is gonna kick some ass!