Minor Update

Sign in to follow this  

Hey, I'm just letting people know that I'm working on the next FM episode and hope to get the voicework done in the next day or two. Since there's always lagtime on when the video actually comes out, you can probably expect it out sometime next week. The good news is that this will be one of the longer episodes.

- - - - -

Also I have a geeky request to anyone that's interested (only read this if you're a graphics freak):

I love the use of antialiasing in 3D games and have been experimenting with different modes of it for a long time. I've been using a supersampling mode on my Nvidia card for a while on the videos because I've found it yields the best visual results on the Source engine. ATI's new batch of cards support supersampling natively and I'm curious how it compares. Every review I've seen of it seems ignorant of the capacity to already have supersampling in newer Nvidia cards.

So here's my request: If you own a Radeon 5000 series card and a copy of Half-Life 2 and are interested in coordinating some screenshots with me, go ahead and send me an email. I'd like to do my own comparison test.

To everyone else: don't worry, this isn't holding up production. It's just an experiment I want to try.

Awesome Ross. Can't wait until next week then!

I can't even begin to imagine how you will approach 'on a rail'

Hope to see the next one soon. I have an ATI card, but I don't think it falls under your criteria that your asking for, but I would gladly help in any other ways I can.

UPDATES MAKE ME SMILE!

Seriously, even if you say "I'll have it out next month" I'm more satisfied than waiting and checking all the time trying to guess when something will be completed.

Can't wait for next CP, I found you through FM but CP is better imo.

- Crazy Lazy Person

total airport time dude but srsly thats awesome! good work

Just to let you know Ross, between Nvidia and ATI, they both get the job done. Both makers' higher end cards (ATI 5850 vs. GTX 295) pretty much will get you the exact same results, its just preference. Personally I prefer ATI because it's cheaper. However, i'm interested in seeing the screenshots myself, would you consider putting them up once you get them so we can all compare?

I know from first-hand experience that early Radeon (9600) cards produced *beautiful* AA in Source games, no comparison to nVidia's. But, that was a long long time ago.

All I can say is you probably know this already but ATI is made by AMD the company that makes processors. And i have found in the nearly 1000 Gaming Rigs that I have built. ATI works well with AMD processors and MOBO's. But in relation to the 3D capabilities of both brands, both seem to be doing a great job of it in there own way.

I would recommend a Nvidia card if you want to do 3D for me it looks much sharper and more crisp. I'm running one now on my dual screen and I play Half-Life 1

awesome

but since i dont own half life

how far along in the game are you in freemans mind?

Glad to see FM is on a roll to "On a Rail..." but after seeing the trailer I'd like to see "The Tunnel" as well.

hey its sheridan [email protected], I wish I had better graphics since it's the only thing I care about nowadays is the fucking source engine that I can't run. life is shit for me even my broken copy of windows fucking xp. but no, I am stuck with this piece of shit computer that ahs no lag with windows but does when I play windows games on linux. my specs are. pentium 4 2.40Ghz, 742Mb ram and intel 82845G crappy fucked up laggy on board graphics this sucks thats why im making my mind videos on the gldsource engine and in NZ or where I live they have no computer charity :'( I wish there was one just to get my hands on a graphics card since half life:source wont lag it's just the fucking graphics :'(

when will the tunnel be out, could we get an update on that please? thx

AwesomeSauce! Can't wait to see the next episode.

I'd be more excited with new CP, but any material from you is always good!

I have gmod but not hl2

I'm using an hd5770