Battlefield 3 beta

So it's nothing like TF2. They're not updating it they're just charging exorbitant prices for a map pack, a tactic highly used by a certain game that they are competing with.

Yea, they're charging for maps and such (I think) but they're going to patch like crazy. With Black Ops, if there was a glitch, you had to deal woth it until the map pack release, where they might patch it. DICE is going to patch whenever a problem shows up, and remember, they're under EA's control. Valve is a standalone company that makes its own games. It's not often a Valve game is made by a team that isn't actually Valve employees. Give DICE the benefit of the doubt. I like their style and I think EA's the reason they're charging for all the stuff. Also, Valve gets a shitton of income from companies that sell their games on Steam, so they can afford to be charitable to the players.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

They are under EA's control, and EA is just as bad as Activision. Don't be surprised when EA turns Battlefield into a cash cow, they did it with MOH, they'll do it again.

MOH destroyed the entire WW2 FPS because of their constant flooding of the genre, the same thing is going to happen with modern warfare games.

Didn't a few guys who worked on MOH actually found IW?

Anycow, I think that is why Valve is pretty much able to do so well because they publish everything themselves. I think Bethesda does the same. This leaves them to do pretty much whatever they want and their creativity isn't locked away by some greedy companies like EA or Activi$ion.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Didn't a few guys who worked on MOH actually found IW?

Eeyup, thank you All Your History :D

Anycow, I think that is why Valve is pretty much able to do so well because they publish everything themselves. I think Bethesda does the same. This leaves them to do pretty much whatever they want and their creativity isn't locked away by some greedy companies like EA or Activi$ion.

Bethesda are owned by the best publisher, Zenimax. Zenimax aren't owned by any shareholders so they remain entirely independent and they allow Bethesda to do whatever they like, it's a win-win situation. Bethesda have deeper pockets and the consumer gets a product that has had a lot of money pumped into it.

Valve are able to stay independent because of Steam and their incredibly popular games. Too bad there aren't many AAA independent developers left.

thank you All Your History :D

Amen.

Bethesda are owned by the best publisher, Zenimax. Zenimax aren't owned by any shareholders so they remain entirely independent and they allow Bethesda to do whatever they like, it's a win-win situation. Bethesda have deeper pockets and the consumer gets a product that has had a lot of money pumped into it.

Valve are able to stay independent because of Steam and their incredibly popular games. Too bad there aren't many AAA independent developers left.

Which is why I think Indie developers need more attention. Because they can do whatever they want with a game. There isn't any bigger man that tells them what to do. Also they usually don't/can't pump that much money into their games which means they really don't have that much to lose if their game fails.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Which is why I think Indie developers need more attention. Because they can do whatever they want with a game. There isn't any bigger man that tells them what to do. Also they usually don't/can't pump that much money into their games which means they really don't have that much to lose if their game fails.

They have a lot to lose lol, if an indie game fails that means their rent isn't being paid and they're out on the street with no food. The reason indie games are so innovative is because of their low budget, they can't make games with amazing graphics because they can't afford it. So therefore they have to fall back onto original concepts and styles to get people interested in their game. And a quick FYI, the indie scene has become huge on the PC.

8c1632de_attachment.jpeg

Back on track, you guys. This is about the BF3 Beta, not how retarded big game companies are or the importance of Indies.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Yeah, topic is the Battlefield 3 beta, which I think is all over now. Make another thread to discuss game companies, etc. :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

The beta ends on the 24th, when the game comes out in North America.

I'm pretty good at this modding stuff, aren't I? :D