Dungeon Defenders

2xu4w2AT3tw

Basically, I fucking love this game. It is hard as balls, but that's mostly because when this game says tower defense, it means tower defense. None of that "Set up some stuff in case some guys slip past your ass-kicking," crap. If you just plop down some blockades and hope for the best, you may as well give up now. The art style is pleasing to the eye, even though we've all seen the old "Orcs, knights, and wizards, oh my" shtick before. The Diablo/Borderlands-esque loot system has yielded some pretty awesome things, and I'm only at Level 11. The upgrade system is simple, but also makes you think whether to pour mana into upgrading your weapons and armor or using less-useful equipment in order to save up for that pet you've had your eye on.

Each class is unique, with the Squire being the power house that sets up the physical defenses, Huntress preferring long-range and setting up traps, Apprentice shoots magic shit and builds towers that do more of the same, and Monk I don't know what the fuck. It's cheap, it's fun, it's easy on the processor, and worth your time.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.

Yep. That's all I can say.

They call me Snake. They call me Es Rake. They call me Srahkay. That's nahmaname. That's nahmaname. That's not my... name.

Mod tools have been released. If any of you are any good with the Unreal Editor, it's free DLC for those who own the game. So if you end up buying and not liking the game, you can fix it yourself. There are also Total Conversion tools, if Total Conversions is the common term. Right now I'm trying to figure out basic geometry and getting the hang of the brush tool. My first level is going to be a two-floor dungeon sort of thing.

I love you, yet can't stand to know you exist.