Weird Spam attack????

Sign in to follow this  

I've seen like three spam topics today alone, one in subtitles thread (LOL what a fail that is if you think about it) what's the damn occasion??? Anyone else noticed this?

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

I think it was all the work of just two spam bots. I think I got all the spam posts.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

I confirmed three in total. Just weird for all of these to happen in such a short time on the same day.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

Well I got rid of two bots and their posts, if there was a third today I haven't been able to find it.

Heh, I only counted eight posts. Still, I am thankful that there wasn't more. :P

well, i rounded up. btw is this thing resolved or....

I think ProHypster was just pointing out that bots have been around of late. Talking about it, rather than drawing attention to unremoved bot posts.

Hay who is spamming that's my job

Machines, programmed to destroy humanity, but first they're selling dubious products to the unwary.

no, a spam bot is an automated program designed to advertise products to a forum, or other website without the need of a human. a human, or company makes it, then they send it out.

the one's we've come across are easy to spot because they say a generic line of text related to a convo, then some link that doesn't have to do with anything...or they make multiple topics regarding their products...those are freaking annoying.

I'll change the anti-spam questions. The bots are getting more intelligent, apparently. That or someone is entering the answers manually.

Sooner or later these spam bots will be able to hold full on conversations with each other.

Retired Forum Moderator

Person A: Hey, I'm creating a program that will only let truly intelligent posts be made. To make Spam-Botting impossible, you see.

Person B: What if spam bots can have intelligent conversations?

Person A: Exactly.

(I heard this joke a while back, I don't remember what it was exactly so it may not be 100% correct)

Hi Friend.

I'll change the anti-spam questions. The bots are getting more intelligent, apparently. That or someone is entering the answers manually.

They're adapting to our technology. :shock:

Person A: Hey, I'm creating a program that will only let truly intelligent posts be made. To make Spam-Botting impossible, you see.

Person B: What if spam bots can have intelligent conversations?

Person A: Exactly.

(I heard this joke a while back, I don't remember what it was exactly so it may not be 100% correct)

I believe it is originally from XKCD: http://xkcd.com/810/

They're adapting to our technology. :shock:

Shit, does this mean they can finally open doors, too?