Modern Warfare 3 PC Review

Sign in to follow this  

Would have been around 80$ if I would buy it through Steam for me(€ =! $ STEAM).

It is getting so much hate for several reasons.

It is popular, in fact, it is the most popular. Some people just can't stand the fact something/-one is successful or desperately try to be different.

It is nothing new. For someone new to this franchise this won't matter, but for someone who has played previous titles it is simply not worth the 60$. I am not saying nothing has changed, there have been changes(minor ones at that) but that alone is simply not worth the money you are paying. Now, that in itself isn't a problem since we can just apply the good ol' "don't like it, don't buy it". But sadly that is not how most people work, according to many people their opinion is LAW and must be forced upon everybody.

It sets a bad example(and this is where my frustration lies). Call Of Duty is ridiculously popular and hugely profitable. And this sets a bad example for other developers. It says that you do not need to innovate to be successful(in fact doing something new can hurt the sales, Cod3). It says that PC gaming is not a market worth the money or time. It says that an addicting Multiplayer is a lot more important than an engrossing Singleplayer(for the record, to me both are EQUALLY as important in general). It says that the game should be focused around making it as accessible as possible to new players rather than enjoyable for hardcore gamers/fans of the franchise(I don't think games should be made only for hardcore gamers/fans of the franchise. Accessibility is a very important part of a game, however hardcore gamers or the existing fanbase should NOT be neglected).

And lastly, it being so well known and big, Call of Duty represents Gaming as a whole to many non-gamers. Giving the impression that video games are nothing more but toys for children and mindlessly shooting blandly copied NPC's over and over.

/rant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I can see where you are coming from and I'm sure that's a legitimate criticism of the CoD franchise as a whole.

My attitude however is that none of that makes it technically a bad game and I found it very easy to get into it as someone who has never played this franchise before, so I don't feel it really neglects people who aren't fans or hardcore gamers as I don't identify with either.

Of course, I can only speak from my own experience here, I went into the game with no expectations at all. Others might have a completely different onset and attitude towards the game when playing it, though I have a feeling most of the people hating on this game have never played it.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

I haven't. I am not planning on playing it either(at least I won't spend any money on it, if I play it at a friends I wont say no). I am mostly talking about the franchise as a whole anyways. Also I have no hard feelings towards anyone who plays and/or enjoys this game, I joke about it but I don't dislike anyone because he/she/it plays CoD, I just dislike the game.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know, and I am not taking any of this personally, I am just merely disagreeing because I've had a pretty good experience with the game and find a lot of the criticisms unfair and without merit because none of them really make it a bad game.

But I assume if you really don't like CoD then this game probably won't convert you in any way.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

It most likely won't. I don't think Call of Duty titles are all bad tough, they have their good sides too. For example it not needing a whole lot of attention makes them great to keep my eyes and hands busy while listening to a podcast ^^

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nope, I really enjoyed Modern Warfare 1 but to think that someone would spend $60 for the game's story actually made me laugh.

Well I sincerely apologize that I don't look for the same thing's in my game that you do. <_<

Whether you meant to or not, way to insult someone for what they like.

Retired Forum Moderator

Then don't play the games, if you don't like them.

Dont get me wrong I love the single player

Its the multi player that irks me, just the other day a guy had aimbot on IW says there gonna start banning hackers and modders. I have yet to see it. Its funny how Black Ops had very little hackers and MW3 is full of them. Quick scope has to be fixed though its an abomination its like you lose everytime

Quick Scope explained

When a guy using a sniper rifle picks you off half hip shot half scope kill.

The Aim assist helps them and you get killed with one shot.

Basically if you're just left of the scope when they run they press both buttons at once and POW you're dead. you're kill cam will show a grey scope lens as they never have to "Look" through it.

Irritating as all get out . It killed MW2's multi player for me. I leave rooms over that stuff.

Carry a little extra hate much ? LOL @ me being angry over a game.....

Begone the fools that lead me I need not to know accept reclining spirit I need to endure You try to live a lifetime each and every day In this short time of promise you're a memory

That's the thing, these little things wont bother you if you're new to the game but if you have been playing these games for years it gets so frustrating.

Also another thing I have noticed is that CoD seems to have some things mixed up: you can kill someone with an SMG over a long distance(if you get a clear view even across the map, Highrise in MW2 spawn) and you can kill someone with a sniper rifle from 5meters away.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯