FREEMAN’S MIND: EPISODE 30

Sign in to follow this  

I love how FM really exposes how crazy the HL1 universe is. When Freeman applies rational thought to the irrational world (or occasionally vice-vera), you really notice how silly the game can be. Like the computer screens in the satellite control room. Why would they have pictures of cells and pollen on them? Those crazy video game programmers.

CONGRATS ON 30 EPISODES ROSS! It's been awhile! What a great few years. I remember episode 1.... oh how you did not want to continue the series.... haha.

I think It would be a little better if Freeman seemed a little more like an educated MIT graduate like in the earlier episodes, obliviously he's under a lot of stress killing all these people and aliens but sometimes it really seems more like Freeman was just a janitor at Black Mesa.

Great episode, only complaint is that the whole vaccination thing is about Jenner not Pastuer, he just jumped on the bandwagon but I bet I was the only who noticed that small technical mistake XD

Thanks for the episode, Ross! It was a good one. One thing though: YOU CHEATER! You used noclip to get in the window instead of getting in the more dangerous way like you should have. That I was disappointed in. And also try to fit more into the episodes. You didn't get super far in this one, just launched the rocket and went through a few doors.

Although, I can understand your attention isn't all focused on FM right now and more on The Tunnel, which is OK. All in all, you did a great job!

Episode 30. It should be a milestone of some sort. It only seemed like a yesterday when I was waiting for Episode 5. (Started watching when 4 came out)

Thanks.

Yeah, I initially thought it was my piece-of-crap PC, but no: the overall volume level is lower than other episodes.... I guess it's ok, I'll just adjust it when I re-encode the file (I always do that, so I can play it on my BlackBerry, as on-board entertainment for those boring subway commutes).

Hehe, he's been nocliping for ages. I don't blame him either. Who want's to see 10 minutes of gymnastics and running around like in the rocket engine firing to kill the sewer monster?

Some (My opinion half) of HL1 is annoying for the sole sake of being annoying, so kudos to him taking every chance he can.

Yes, it's been a looooong and bloody road (I think I started watching from FM 11).

I just hope this goes on for a long time and Ross does not suffer a Conan Doyle moment and tries to kills his creation.

Anyway, to commemorate the thirtieth episode, here's the Verse of the Crowbar

Three blows to the Vortigaunt's head in area nine

Seven for the jumping Houndeyes in their halls of concrete

Nine for mortal Headcrabs, doomed to die

One crowbar for the theoretical physicist in his orange HEV suit

In the land of New Mexico where Black Mesa lies

One crowbar to rule them all, One crowbar to bash them

One crowbar to bring them all and in the border world bind them

In the land of New Mexico where Black Mesa lies

I was introduced by my friend Dylan and we got as far as Episode 12,(which ends,you know,with finding the elevator leading to the surface) and at first i didnt think it was that funny,but then it got to episode 4,and i loved it. I agree,i really hope Ross finishes this.Freemans Mind is epic.

Think of this as a Half-Life minishow, not a playthrough or a "let's play" because the focus is on the character of Gordon Freeman, not on the gameplay or level design of the actual game.

Ross is using what is known as "artistic license" which means bending the rules a bit for the sake of entertainment. There were a number of times where he used noclip to "climb up" somewhere to bypass some kind of platform/puzzle/combat section.

OMG!

I Have come back to the site day after day for the last few months, and My jaw dropped haha FINNALY! i'm sure it'll be worth the wait

And I'm SO excited for THE TUNNEL E>

I whole-heartedly know where you're coming from but I guess no one knew how long the tunnel would take to produce. If Ross knew he would have probably not announced it til it was closer to being done thus shortening the wait for us. Maybe that'll be the case next time.

I appreciate your effort Ross. Keep it alive and keep doing the wonderful work you do!