FREEMAN’S MIND: EPISODE 30

Sign in to follow this  

this episode was great! (as are all other FM episodes)

my only complaint was freeman's reaction to the missile.

he seemed too calm about it

@ Ian and Jerry

Fo' reals, get it off of Steam. Valve always has their games on sale for ridiculous prices, so it's really easy to grab it super cheap. Just know that it's pretty poorly designed compared to their later stuff, so it can be a pain to complete.

Nevertheless it's still a missile. If I were in Freeman's shoes, the least i'd do would be to press the button several more times for shits 'n' giggles.

You can also buy it off ebay. It's a bit cheaper and you actually get a physical copy of it Also, some copies let you enter the cd key into steam and get the entire half-life series.

WAIT. Who's gonna do Freeman's Mind when Black Mesa comes out? I'm not saying Ross can't do it, I'm just saying that it would be madness to do it over again for the same game though it is slightly different. Great work Ross

Actually there's a guy who is going to do a BM version of FM... Look for Freeman's mind Black mesa on youtube. He uses the BMS trailer and he did a couple of tests using the BMS alpha..

And it's most probable that Ross will use Black Mesa (if it comes out before he finishes HL:Source FM) for at least one episode, just to add some freshness to gameplay.

if BMS comes out before the beating sequence im sure ross will use the game to record all post-beating (after soldiers beat freeman down and throw him to a garbage compressor)

mabey Freeman will find a pair of glasses for an episode, and it will be in Black Mesa. Then the glasses will break, causing him to be back in that pesky source engine again

This episode sucked donkeys!

Freeman was acting like he always knew exactly what would happen next & what he was gonna do next. It was so obvious it ruined the whole thing. one example: he entered the control room, - it's uncertain why he went back there since the idea to climb out seemed to come after the missile launch - went straight to the red button and pressed it while saying "hey what's this" suggesting he was surprised but there was no surprise in his actions, then instead of trying to get out, check the door, he just stood there & looked through the window in the right direction, waiting for the missile to show up. There's no other reason why he would look there since there was nothing. Also, in some parts of the monologue he went from one topic to another without delay which makes it TOO clear that it was edited in. Maybe you're doing these episodes "too professional" already, you seemed to follow a script. Why not make it intuitive & have fun it would come out more authentic.

tl;dr: yeah you screwed up - not the audio I didn't even notice anything there!