American troops are out of Iraq!

No it just says "you make a mess - you are responsible for it and its consequences", is all.

Regards

I believe that would be covered by articles 6 (validity of the Convention during occupation), 27 (obligation to protect against violence, rape etc) and 64 (means to implement the said protection).

Regards

So, you're saying that the fact that the convention requires an occupying force to do police work also requires them to be better than any police force in the universe?

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Oh, when did I say that?

All I am saying, and you can double check it by going through my previous posts, is that the occupying force bears responsibility for civilian casualties happening "on their watch". In the case of Iraq it is primarily the US and to a lesser degree UK and other "Coalition" countries.

Again, all of this could and probably would have happened in Iraq "naturally", when Saddam's time was up, but the West was stupid enough to preempt it and get the blame in the process.

Regards

America gets the blame for stopping the genocide, and being unable to stop bombs from going off... That's the truth of the situation...

Saddam had murdered in cold-blood over 300,000 citizens of Iraq... Comparable to the Nazi regime, but I don't recall quite so much hatred toward us when he got wiped out...

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I think the difference is that Hitler was going to take over all of europe. Saddam Insane was only fuckin' round in the middle east.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Wait... just what was really gained from the war?.

Angry families, dead soldiers, insane debt and the contempt and mockery from almost every single other country on this Earth. Least we finally stopped all this silliness and can move on.

There were only 4700 dead soldiers in the Iraq War. That is a small number all things considered. The public overhyped each death as if each one were a suprise. Although I agree the Iraq War probably caused an insane finacial crisis that crippled the econemy.

Man, I was an asshole. What I believe in now is the complete opposite of this bullshit.

Well, what you said is true, but with the technology we have and the little amount of formal training the enemy had, 5000 is still a high body count. It's awful that anyone loses their life for their country when they aren't really even helping their country with anything. The whole war was a political catastrophe brought on by 9/11 and the supposed WMD's we never found. When the war started, it had a great amount of public support because of the 9/11 incidents. But after that, nobody cared. We should've pulled out by '06-'07 at the latest. It's a shame it lasted so long. And we still have the Afghanistan, Iran, Libya, Egypt, and Syria crises left that we need to get through (hopefully without putting troops in harm's way)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Well, what you said is true, but with the technology we have and the little amount of formal training the enemy had, 5000 is still a high body count. It's awful that anyone loses their life for their country when they aren't really even helping their country with anything. The whole war was a political catastrophe brought on by 9/11 and the supposed WMD's we never found. When the war started, it had a great amount of public support because of the 9/11 incidents. But after that, nobody cared. We should've pulled out by '06-'07 at the latest. It's a shame it lasted so long. And we still have the Afghanistan, Iran, Libya, Egypt, and Syria crises left that we need to get through (hopefully without putting troops in harm's way)

No, my thoughts at the time was that 5,000 dead was a small number, a very cold and cruel thought process. I guess I was trying to make it seem like we could win an unwinnable conflict, while at the same time save lives. The recent conflicts (most notably the recent uprising in Iraq and the ongoing civil war in Syria) convinced me the shit happening in the Middle East is unavoidable.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 75 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.