The Survivors Cont.

Tap, Tap, Tap

“ugh…” Sam grunted, stirring

Tap, Tap, Tap

“who’s there?” Sam asked, shaking his head

“we are survivors” said a male voice through the door

“and what do you want?” Sam asked, getting irritated

“we have been watching this area closely, and we noticed that you are the only living being around” replied the voice

“no shit, if there was anyone else here wouldn’t you think they would be here with me” said Sam

“well yes, but we figured that you must be really good in order to survive by yourself” the voice paused

“and?” asked Sam

“and we wanted to ask you if you might want to band up with us” the voice finished

“where are you going,?” asked Sam, walking to the door

“we are going to a safe haven up North called Antioch, have you heard of it?” said the voice

“no, I have not heard of it why don’t you tell me a bit more?” Sam replied

“we would love to, because we really need another person” said the voice

“okay, I am going to open the door you do what I say when I say it” said Sam, unlocking the door

“you come inside and you turn to your immediate left, put everything that takes Ammunition, that is sharp, blunt, throwable, or otherwise dangerous to anyone on the table

Five figures walked through the door of the shack and stood by the table

“Group disarm!” said the male whose voice Sam had heard through the door

In one fluid motion Guns were unstrapped, Ammunition was dropped, pockets were dug into, and Knives were unsheathed and set upon the table. The table got crammed with everything any survivor might carry, scratched rounds jiggled around on the tabletop, Pistols were unloaded and set side by side, Rifles propped on the edge, and Knives were stacked up into a small mound.

“I’m assuming this is it” said Sam gesturing towards the table

“ you assume correctly” replied the man, stepping over to Sam and shaking hands

“who are you people?” asked Sam

“ my name is Oskar, and these people are my traveling companions“ he said, gesturing behind him

“names” said Sam

“Hunter” said the tallest of the men

“Marik” said the hooded man

“I’m Lisa” said the female, appearing very small standing beside the men

“and I’m Vladoff” said the man in the shadows

“nice to meet you” said Sam nodding towards them

“so” he said propping on the wall “what’s this excursion of yours?”

“as I said, we are headed towards Antioch” Replied Oskar, taking out a slip of paper and handing it to Sam

He read

Fellow Survivors, you are invited to come and stay at our shelter to the North called ANTIOCH.

Our base has been carefully supplied and enhanced to house many people, we have enough food for everyone along with enough weaponry to hold back any amount of Zombies trying to get in.

The Mountains to the West should be a safe enough to travel by, but feel free to get here anyway that you can.

“hmm, sounds nice” Sam started “but I have two questions”

“One, where did you get this?”

“Fifty-Seven days ago, I was in my hometown of Serendipity and a Courier delivered that to me” Oskar said

“and Two, how in the fuck are we supposed to find it?”

“my dear friend, we were also given a map” answered Oskar unfolding another piece of paper, and handing it to Sam

“This is great!” said Sam “when do we head out?”

“we?” Oskar began

“yes we, I’m in” Sam laughed

“great…ugh say Two weeks before we leave?” asked Oskar

“Two weeks is fine, that will give us time to supply” Sam said, walking over to his bed

“now all we need is some food and some talk to pass the night” he moved the top bricks of his bed and revealed a hole, he reached into this and pulled out old cans of food

They all got Two cans of food, and pulled up a chair to the smaller table in the corner

With permission from Sam they got their Knives, cracked open the cans and conversed about life in the Wastes.

Oskar was Thirty-Four, the same age as Sam was, and had fled from his home when all of his family had died from the infection. He roamed through wrecked towns and found people to re-supply with until Four years ago when he stumbled into Serendipity and named it his hometown.

Hunter was Seventeen and had just been born when the infection broke out. He survived by being traded to various surviving mothers who had lost their own children to the infection. One day when he was Nine his mother had tried to kill him for food and ,having failed the attempt, made possible Hunters’ escape into the wastes where he discovered many friends that took him in and made safe his passage.

Lisa was also Thirty-Four years old. She had been with her Grandparents when the infection broke out.

After they died she fled to a ruined city and joined up with the Widows (a powerful gang). Becoming tired of killing innocents she broke away from the gang and made her way to Serendipity where she made her new life.

Marik was Twenty-Six and refused to say much. The only thing that any of them could get out of him was a small story about a ruined city called Tibres where he had been sent to as a slave when he was Sixteen by a Spanish survivor named Jonathan. When Marik was Twenty he had escaped the slavers while on a Courier job to Solit (yet another ruined city)

And Vladoff was Nineteen. From what his mother had told him his father had abandoned them when the first wave of infected started to destroy the land. From what he knew his mother was still alive. The reason she wasn’t with him was because the town they were in was being attacked by the infected and he told her to run and let him fight them off.

After they were all full and half asleep Sam let them get their packs from beside the other table and lay down. Shortly after, snoring filled the room and Sam looked back on all their talking.

Some of them were young, to terribly young for the wastes…

This is the end of the line, and I'll rip you apart for what's inside.

Compensating wealth for what's more and more worthlessness.

The end of fear, the end of your life, I'll kill you right now, fucking die.

It's almost been a full day, nobody is gonna post?

Not much to say, other than that you should really have kept this to its own topic rather than making a new one, made it better structured and easier to read and so on, and making it clear what exactly this is. A little foreword never hurts anyone.

And didn't you have the first part deleted? Why post a second part?

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

Not much to say, other than that you should really have kept this to its own topic rather than making a new one, made it better structured and easier to read and so on, and making it clear what exactly this is. A little foreword never hurts anyone.

And didn't you have the first part deleted? Why post a second part?

You are quite right, I had the first part deleted because nobody liked it

and there was foreword in the first part