EPISODE 1: FRIDAY / CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD (33MB)

Sign in to follow this  

This will be the webpage devoted to the Civil Protection video series. I've just finished the first episode which you can download from the link above. As for the series, it's inspired by the oppressive policing force within the game Half-Life 2. It's a comedy created using the game engine itself to animate everything. Right now I am the writer, animator, director, producer, cinematographor, editor... pretty much everything you see in the episode is my fault. This episode does contain some language and violence, but it's not much worse than a PG rating.

It was a real pain to learn the SDK and animate all this, so I won't be starting on another episode immediately. Not that you have any frame of reference, but the next one should go much more quickly since a lot of the time was spent on learning everything. Whenever I start on it again, that is. I need a break, I'm practically dreaming about those spooky metal helmets that the CP units wear. Anyway, feel free to contact me or post comments about whatever.

Sweet video man. I really liked the high quality of the animations. Keep up the good work.

They.. aren't animations, they are 3D figures from the game half life2. But yes, great comdey dood. Please, MAKE MORE. If I had money, I'd totally donate some to you.

Holy shit call the police!

Oh crap, I forgot, they're all incompetent idiots.

Hahaha, that was absolutely hilarious and awesomesauce all at once!

I would absolutely love to see more of this!

Dude you should make more episodes i can see this becoming the next redvsblue but for halflife.

Aww, acepilotf14 doesn't know the real difference between animation and "3D figures" (They're called "models"). Go look at Wikipedia, champ.

In any case, fantastic machinima. Nice animation, writing, and camera angles.

Youtube it!

very cool video lots of fun DD
hope to see other episodes
GL

I nether laughed so hard in my life! I really want to learn SDK and join you but i suck

Anyway this stuff is great! I really hope more peaple help you.

Hey, I'm the guy one of you was playing the UT2004 demo with, against the super bots . Funny vid man, I was lmao towards the middle. Keep up the good work |-).

PS: I think you guys should put this on YouTube.

Exellent work. Wish see more of this. And ya put this on YouTube so more ppl more know about this

Really nice work on the animations must have put alot of time into it. Hope to see another one

Hey, glad you are liking the video. As for Youtube, I'm not crazy about the video quality, but some people have already posted it up there anyway. Also, someone put this up on filefront, which is good, because it turns out I'll lose my university webspace once I graduate in a couple months. And don't worry, I plan to make more, I've written most of the script for the second one.

ROFLMAO. This is about as good as Red VS Blue. Keep up the good work man!

Ross, Jo showed me the movie this morning. It was a bit funny. If the production was too easy I now understand your leaving AI.

Hope to see more 'clean' episodes after graduation? Keep of the fabulous work.

How do you do all those custom animations... It's so awsome very cool...

Just awesome dude. Great animation, story and camera angles. You are a very gifted director.