Tech Deck: Bare Knuckle Grind

Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone remember these things from the 90's? Those finger boards kids would play at school all the time, trying to do skateboarding tricks with them. Well i picked this up at a dollar store all the way out in Columbia, Illinois. Apparently some random company that went out of business before it got relatively noticed (called DigitalPlayset) made a set of pc games where you can play as specific tech deck characters and do skating tricks around a themed skate park. It was like an open world skate park game, like most ones nowadays. It came with a disc and 2 tech deck characters, the ones you would play in the game. [attachment=0]51w5dvPLhqL__SL500_AA300_.jpg[/attachment]

Also it was like a collectible series. So there were 4 collectible discs, making a total of 8 collectible characters. I think there was space one, china-themed one, horror-themed one, and a downtown city one. I just happened to stumble upon all 4, but i lost the Downtown one a while ago when i cleaned out my house. Also, i just found a youtube video and explains how it was also an unreleased xbox game, a demo for the system a while back. Though this isn't the exact same as the games i had, it has all the tricks and features. Though i have no idea what that blue key was for(that spin action would also take down robots in your way, that always told you "dude that hurt" whenever you killed them)

I58t-EUjY-k

I was doing some research for a project i am working on and ran by your statement.

I made all those games, I own the corporation Visionscape Interactive. At the time of tech deck dudes, it was vision-scape.com, now it is Heavyh2o.com. There has never been a Digital Playset corporation or company. Its just a logo I came up with for the tech idea. The actual corporation that was responsible for those games has been around and self funded for more then 16 years now. We didn't go out of business. We have been too busy making content for other companies. You name them we probably made content for them. Digital Playsets was an experiment of mine for games distributed in toy isles of retail stores. We sold over 400,000 units at 9.99 retail. I paid nothing for the license and made all the games, tech, and movies as a side project in house, while we were on or in between contracts for other game projects. So essentially it cost me nothing to make. The entire Digital Play Set idea was financially a huge success. For a totally bootstrapped company to self fund a game title for retail distribution in the 90's and sell 400,000+ units worldwide with absolutely no marketing, I consider to be a great achievement. So please don't jumping to negative conclusions about something when you really have no idea what you are speaking of. I could go into more detail about how there are actually 8 sets we made and that the toy company x-concepts (owned the IP at the time) screwed the deal up by being GREEDY, or that I have all the source code still as well as all the PC code that I could post for you all to have for free..

WTH, I made my money already.

I haven't been on here for more than a year, but I'm glad some people noticed what I posted, including the game creator himself (it's not everyday that THAT happens). When I posted the topic, I really had no experience with a forum before, and neglected to check whether the company was shut down (or even a company at all for that matter). However, I am grateful for everyone that did notice, and that HeavyBoss has a company that is still up and successfully running.