Looping walking animation in Faceposer

I've been avoiding walking animations in FP so far by using scripted_sequences or path_corners. Looks like now I really have to do it in FP to get the desired result. The problem is that all the walking animations last only for a second or so and I don't know how to loop them.

I tried checking the "Sync Exit Tag to next Gesture's Entry Tag" and ovelapping the animations over a longer period of time. It works in FP when I playback the scene but after I compile the map the game crashes immediately.

I've also been fiddling with timing tags but I haven't even gotten close to a solution.

Anyway I can get this to work? Even so, I'm living under the impression that if I succeed, the animation will play in game but the models will not move. Maybe someone can confirm this.

Thanks!

Little Freemans - Episodes 1-5

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD714E092FC2A2A1

Malf Hockery - Episodes 1-5

I thought Faceposer was just for managing facial expressions and not for dealing with other animations, however I am not experienced with the tool. It's possible the Valve Developer Wiki may be of use to you if you haven't already checked it out:

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Faceposer

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

If you can't get the loops to work in-game, I'd say your only option is to do it manually and stack the same animation over and over in the timeline for the duration you need. You might want to have quick ramp fades to make sure the transition isn't too abrupt.

If you can't get the loops to work in-game, I'd say your only option is to do it manually and stack the same animation over and over in the timeline for the duration you need. You might want to have quick ramp fades to make sure the transition isn't too abrupt.

I tried it but even stacking two animations crashes the game after compile. Anyway I had to give up my initial plan, as always, and break the shot into 4 other shots so I could get a working solution.

It seems strange now thinking back one year ago when I was working at Little Freemans - Episode 2 and I just can't figure out how I managed to pull it off. I guess I never knew what I was getting myself into. There were so many incredible stunts that I had to pull off with no help other than asking the forums, it seems impossible now. I guess that's why I decided I'd do something simpler in the future. Problem is, there's nothing simple about Source.

Little Freemans - Episodes 1-5

www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCD714E092FC2A2A1

Malf Hockery - Episodes 1-5