Ares (Old Mac Game) Remakes

Sign in to follow this  

Ares was a really fun arcade space RTS/action game for the Mac back in the late 90's/early 2000's. I've loved the game and its music since I first played it in the first grade, so to anyone interested, I'll be posting the originals and my remakes here. I've only done a song and two-thirds, but I'm hoping to do the entire soundtrack, eventually.

Note: Each song was made in Garageband, and with the exception of the drums in "Targetron," were made completely by hand (meaning I played out each note/section of notes on my computer's keyboard and then edited it/them to my satisfaction).

----------------

My first remake: Targetron

(ORIGINAL)

(REMAKE)

I'm really proud of Targetron. It was my first remake of a song from the Ares soundtrack, and the first version came together in about an hour. With a couple more hours of fine tuning, the song is something I'm fully satisfied with, hence "Final."

----------------

Second remake: Ares Theme (Doomtroopers, Unite!) INCOMPLETE

(ORIGINAL)

(REMAKE)

Despite how proud I am of Targetron, I'm much more proud of Doomtroopers, and it's not even done yet. The insertion of the drums was easily the hardest part, taking up about half of the time I've spent on it. The arpeggiated chords that play under the melody were also extremely tedious to create, but I'm very proud of them. I'll probably be done with this song very soon.