Valve/Overkill project

Sign in to follow this  

Isn't Left 4 Dead and Payday basically the same game just with different settings? (ie. zombies and bank heists respectively) I don't know, I heard Payday didn't do as well as it could have though, so maybe Valve can help get them back on track with whatever they're making.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Isn't Left 4 Dead and Payday basically the same game just with different settings? (ie. zombies and bank heists respectively) I don't know, I heard Payday didn't do as well as it could have though, so maybe Valve can help get them back on track with whatever they're making.

Haven't you played it? It's had multiple free weekends on Steam. No it's nothing like the same game with different settings. For one your enemies use tactics like breaching, covering, flanking etc. and they're also actually dangerous as they all have weapons ranging from snipers to machine-guns.

Another thing to consider is that the levels design is signifcantly different. Instead of being like a short mission, it's an objective with a large map and multiple tiers.

Haven't you played it? It's had multiple free weekends on Steam. No it's nothing like the same game with different settings. For one your enemies use tactics like breaching, covering, flanking etc. and they're also actually dangerous as they all have weapons ranging from snipers to machine-guns.

Another thing to consider is that the levels design is signifcantly different. Instead of being like a short mission, it's an objective with a large map and multiple tiers.

Nah, I haven't. I dunno why, I guess I just never felt like taking the time to download it. Either way, I'm sure they'll make something interesting with Valve.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

f79ulcxRjas

Good concept, flawed performance?

Anyway, even without any bugs, i still get the feeling this would get very repetitive in no time.

So, are we going to rob zombie banks now? Maybe a crossover campaing, one set in the regular world (for Payday) and one set after the zombie apocalypse (for L4D)

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"

So, are we going to rob zombie banks now? Maybe a crossover campaing, one set in the regular world (for Payday) and one set after the zombie apocalypse (for L4D)

I'm pretty sure it's a mix of game designs rather than a mixing of settings.

So, are we going to rob zombie banks now?

Didn't know Rob Zombie had any banks.

*ba-dum-tsch*

[attachment=0]2191641-ohyou.jpg[/attachment]

"Life sucks sober!"

I'm pretty sure it's a mix of game designs rather than a mixing of settings.

I guess Mr. Scout here was right:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-15-payday-the-heist-no-mercy-revealed

The future of gaming lies in realistic simulations of extraordinary realities

"I am drunk, you dont have an excuse"