The Movie, TV, and Video Game Quote Game

Sign in to follow this  

I decided to start my own game. That's right! In this game, you pick out a quote, snippet of dialog, or something else from a movie, a television program, or a video game, but don't identify the persons or other entities speaking (you can redact the person's name if it appears in the quote if you feel it would give away what it is easily). The next person who accurately guesses where the quote came from (the movie, television program, or video game) gets to post their own quote. So, for example:

I say:

"Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time. A long time."

"I think my uncle knows him. He said he was dead."

"Oh, he's not dead. Not yet."

"You know him?"

"Well, of course I know him! He's me."

Then the next person has to accurately answer that it's from Star Wars: A New Hope (the person posting the quote is the judge) and the person who gets it right first gets to post their own quote. I'll begin (and it doesn't have to be dialog, but this one will be):

"It was the most amazing thing I ever saw!"

"More amazing than the time Michael Jackson come over to your house to use the bathroom."

"More amazing than the time you saved those old people from that nursing home fire, right?"

"Yeah, and I bet it was even more amazing than the time you ate your weight in Godfather's pizza, right?"

"Okay, [name redacted]. Michael Jackson didn't come over to my house to use the bathroom. But his sister did!"

Goonies my friend

ill post 2 just incase this one is to obscure

"I took a stroll, and spied a

maid, but Matron's duty

stayed my blade. So busy

now, i miss the thrill, if only

i had time to kill."

"When I next meet that fair maid Nelly, I’ll plunge my knife into her belly…

And if I spy a singing bird, I’ll snap its neck before it’s heard…"

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.

Yeah, it's called cheating. If you think cheating is fun, I can't stop you (you can find walkthroughs for most games on the Internet) but I think it spoils the fun. So, back to the quotes. Anyone want to answer Ikthias's quotes?

agreed, and although no one has guess mine yet, you have to admit they are nice rhymes

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.

Goonies my friend

ill post 2 just incase this one is to obscure

"I took a stroll, and spied a

maid, but Matron's duty

stayed my blade. So busy

now, i miss the thrill, if only

i had time to kill."

"When I next meet that fair maid Nelly, I’ll plunge my knife into her belly…

And if I spy a singing bird, I’ll snap its neck before it’s heard…"

I think that's Cicero talking about the night mother. Maybe. I played it yesterday, but that sounds cicero-y.

"Do not inhale fumes, no matter how good they smell."

You are correct sir

Excellent.

I think this one is pretty obvious.

"Good Luck We're All counting on you"

Hint: Its from a movie

^Yes, yes it is. Also I happen to have developed a drinking problem.

do tell

"A horrible thing indeed. If you see one, let know. wants to make sure to look in the other direction."

i edited the name out cause its a dead giveaway if i included it

do tell

Assuming this. It alludes to a series of scenes in Airplane and Airplane 2 that spoofs the typical drinking ( intoxication) problem. Instead of being dependent on alcohol, he has issues consuming liquid. Usually spills the cup down his shirt, or pours the liquid into his eye. Thus he has a problem drinking.

how is that a drinking game?

(in spirit of the thread ill post another quote)

"Red Claw? A woman???"

"Do you have a problem with that, ?"

"Not at all. I’m an equal opportunity crime fighter!"

"You’ve finally met your match, ! Not surprising it’s a woman"

dont forget my earlier quote that hasnt been answered!

"A horrible thing indeed. If you see one, let know. wants to make sure to look in the other direction."