Deus Ex Movie! OMG! "CBS Films to adapt 'Deus Ex' videogame"

Sign in to follow this  

I wonder if this is at all related to those rehearsals of Deus Ex: Human Revolution style action scenes I saw ages back...

Just did some searching and found this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/19/deus-ex-human-revolution-video-goes-behind-the-scenes-on-live-action-film/

The Youtube video description says it's for a 'short film'. I can't say I'm knowledgeable but it looked fairly professional like it had some sort of impressive budget behind it, which the PC Gamer article also mentions being a possibility.

In addition I do not recall seeing this alleged short film ever surface.

It could be related to the article in the OP.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

That stuntwork looked really nice and the wall burst was a nice reinforcement of how much better practical effects can be for most things.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

I wonder if this is at all related to those rehearsals of Deus Ex: Human Revolution style action scenes I saw ages back...

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/19/deus-ex-human-revolution-video-goes-behind-the-scenes-on-live-action-film/

The Youtube video description says it's for a 'short film'. I can't say I'm knowledgeable but it looked fairly professional like it had some sort of impressive budget behind it, which the PC Gamer article also mentions being a possibility.

What a pity the link is invalid now :( I'll see if I can find anything...Maybe the production went top secret and this was just a leak? ;)

EDIT: I've found it on YouTube and if it's the same that you found, this is not the official CBS movie. I wonder if these guys can release their short film if someone bought the rights already :/ It looks really interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXDfVpUBAwQ

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

What a pity the link is invalid now :( I'll see if I can find anything...Maybe the production went top secret and this was just a leak? ;)

EDIT: I've found it on YouTube and if it's the same that you found, this is not the official CBS movie. I wonder if these guys can release their short film if someone bought the rights already :/ It looks really interesting!

The PC Gamer link and the Youtube video on its page work fine for me. And people have been doing short films for games etc for a while. Portal related ones, Fallout, Half-Life, Minecraft....this could be something like that, and I've not noticed anyone suing, etc, possibly because of fair use? I'm not a lawyer so I'm not really savy on all this.

Also, that video was released ages ago and nothing's happened (as far as I know anyway, I'm pretty sure people would have noticed if an awesome live-action Deus-Ex short film got released :P ). Plus to the best of my knowledge that stunts company is a fairly big and professional one.

I'd say that saying it's for a short film could possibly be some sort of cover-up as they may not have wished to reveal it was for a 'proper' film at that point. It does look a bit too good to be some sort of small short film in my opinion, but you never know.

The PC Gamer link and the Youtube video on its page work fine for me. And people have been doing short films for games etc for a while. Portal related ones, Fallout, Half-Life, Minecraft....this could be something like that, and I've not noticed anyone suing, etc, possibly because of fair use? I'm not a lawyer so I'm not really savy on all this.

Also, that video was released ages ago and nothing's happened (as far as I know anyway, I'm pretty sure people would have noticed if an awesome live-action Deus-Ex short film got released :P ). Plus to the best of my knowledge that stunts company is a fairly big and professional one.

I'd say that saying it's for a short film could possibly be some sort of cover-up as they may not have wished to reveal it was for a 'proper' film at that point. It does look a bit too good to be some sort of small short film in my opinion, but you never know.

OKAY... That''s really WEIRD, links today work fine, but I swear when I was writing previous post I got a result " invalid link" or sth like that....

I checked YouTube profile of this guy who put this video and he looks like a young video maker who specializes in short stunt - fight videos, this looks legit. His Youtube channel has many videos of this kind.

However, the website that is supposed to be his, looks like an address for sale, there is just some sales crap and messed content in it.

And yes, this video looks so much high budget and so pro, that it might be actual a cover up, and this guy/guys? happened to work on the set of the "real" big movie.

And as tpo legal stuff, if it's a short independendt production, after CBS bought rights for the big movie, all others might be actually considered somewhat illegal. No one bought rights for Portal or Half-Life movie so everyone can make them.

I left a comment on youtube channel of this guy. I wonder if he ever replies.

I hope this video is really a cover up! :shock:

Conveniently enough, I just got Deus Ex and my excitement has been growing for this film, now. Now I'm just wondering what kind of take they're doing, remaking the video game, a new story all on its own, what.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I got to know a few mins ago, from a *trusted* source ;) that for now, the rights for the movie are bought and nothin special is going on... So the movie may not be coming out so quickly as we would like it to. If I know more, I'll let you know ;d (like a few months or years :D )

srsly I'll put here if I know ANYTHING more

Conveniently enough, I just got Deus Ex and my excitement has been growing for this film, now. Now I'm just wondering what kind of take they're doing, remaking the video game, a new story all on its own, what.

The original or the new one? (Both are excellent! :D ).

I got to know a few mins ago, from a *trusted* source ;) that for now, the rights for the movie are bought and nothin special is going on... So the movie may not be coming out so quickly as we would like it to. If I know more, I'll let you know ;d (like a few months or years :D )

srsly I'll put here if I know ANYTHING more

We should ALL post here if any of us learn anything more. A good Deus Ex movie would be fantastic! :D

If it's true that Eidos will be guardin its assets, than it will be great movie!

The original or the new one? (Both are excellent! :D)

Just the original, haven't played Human Revolution yet. I was thinking Invisible War was retconned because from what I've heard, it sucks, but if it's technically still in the canon I wanna try that one out, too.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Just the original, haven't played Human Revolution yet. I was thinking Invisible War was retconned because from what I've heard, it sucks, but if it's technically still in the canon I wanna try that one out, too.

I played a bit of Invisible War a while back but never finished it. I do not recall it being a bad game, but once I've finished replaying the original I'll have a crack at it and let you know what I make of it.

It's technically non-canon for several reasons. The main reason is that Deus Ex 1 had multiple endings. IW isn't based on one of them, but all of them, sort of. Makes it a weird game.

It's not bad really, it just doesn't compare to the original.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com