Best Half life 1 shot in the world

Sign in to follow this  

There I was, thinking I was something close to decent in Half-Life multiplayer.

Then I saw this video, and my ego was crushed into microscopic pieces. Thanks.

Seriously, though: nice shot.

Do you feel blame? Are you mad? Uh, do you feel like wolf kabob Roth vantage? Gefrannis booj pooch boo jujube; bear-ramage. Jigiji geeji geeja geeble Google. Begep flagaggle vaggle veditch-waggle bagga?

guys what do you think of this?

this wasnt luck, or staged if you think so, i have pulled of numerous such shots without fail... but for that ill release it in a frag movie which im working on ;)

Staged? No of course not, I call hacks instead! :P

More seriously, what was the music you used in the video? :D

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

haha thanks guys, and practice people and you can do such shots too :D

and Lord Sinister the music is "I Will Never Be The Same - Worldless (Andrew MAze Remix)" and i hope ur kidding about the hacks part ;)

haha thanks guys, and practice people and you can do such shots too :D

and Lord Sinister the music is "I Will Never Be The Same - Worldless (Andrew MAze Remix)" and i hope ur kidding about the hacks part ;)

I was joking, I hoped the tongue-emoticon would imply that successfully.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

OMG U SUK SO BAD I CULD MAKE THAT SHOT WIT MA EYS CLOSD!

But seriously, holy shit. My eyes weren't quite fast enough to comprehend someone was even in that building. And I didn't know you could boost jump with the Tau Cannon or whichever that was (I think it's like the Gliese Gun or something...)

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

hahaha thanks xD , on 30 fps (the upload rate) its almost impossible to see the enemy , but at 120 fps(the framerate i play at) and if you concentrate really hard, you can see the enemy just a glimpse, but thats a whole different topic in which people will start saying, "our eyes cant see more then 20 changes per second and blabla"

And yeah thats a Tau Cannon, and you can make long jumps by manipulating its "Kickback" when its fired

HfE1Ip2wot4

120fps would be the threshold where all movements are smoothed out. Now it's true that the eye can only perceive up to 60fps but movements won't look smooth until you hit 120+fps

hahaha thanks xD , on 30 fps (the upload rate) its almost impossible to see the enemy , but at 120 fps(the framerate i play at) and if you concentrate really hard, you can see the enemy just a glimpse, but thats a whole different topic in which people will start saying, "our eyes cant see more then 20 changes per second and blabla"

And yeah thats a Tau Cannon, and you can make long jumps by manipulating its "Kickback" when its fired

Yep, it's basically the HL equivalent of rocket jumping.

Game developments at http://nukedprotons.blogspot.com

Check out my music at http://technomancer.bandcamp.com

HfE1Ip2wot4

120fps would be the threshold where all movements are smoothed out. Now it's true that the eye can only perceive up to 60fps but movements won't look smooth until you hit 120+fps

Agreed but the reason for those smoothing issues are self explanatory, our eyes can percieve 60 fps, but the 60 fps they percieve are not always in sync with the monitor , a monitor may have not drawn a full image, while the eye might have processed that, call that a "phase difference" as they say in physics class. to reduce the effects of phase difference, the ideal conditions would be to maximise frame rates, so the monitor is giving every detail out but its upto the eye that which it picks.

Rather then the monitor giving incomplete frames to the eye,

Yep, it's basically the HL equivalent of rocket jumping.

Except rocket jumping is bad for health. hahahah!

Yeah, the thing is they changed rocket jumping in HL so that it's no longer effective and basically gave that role to the Tau cannon instead.

but its still a good way to catch enemies off gaurd, I once climbed a building by rocket jumping and surprise fragged him, while he was expecting me somewhere else

Is this doable in the singleplayer Half-Life as well, or just in the multiplayer?

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Is this doable in the singleplayer Half-Life as well, or just in the multiplayer?

Its possible in both

but the tau cannons kickback is very very little in single player

only speed on ground can be gained, no air.

the rocket launcher works well in both though

A good chunk? Shit, that thing'll take you down to 20 if you don't have your HEV.