A short essay on why Sonic and Amy is my one and only OTP

Sign in to follow this  

A short essay on why Sonic the Hedgehog and Amy Rose are my one One True Pairing.

The wind, strong and forceful, but ephemeral and fleeting. The rose, charming and influential, but has all these painful-ass thorns on it, which no one acknowledges until the last minute. But the wind doesn't seem to mind. In fact, the rose often gets bent over backwards when they meet. Why? I have no damn clue. But here's why SonAmy is the best pairing in the history of ever.

Amy likes the positivity, but needs the negativity.

“I love him because he's like a father to me. Is that weird?”

Ever since Sonic first saved her, she had always seen him as her knight in shining armor, and had always strived for their relationship to be straight out of a Nicolas Sparks novel. But despite his solemn promise of comradery, and the strong unlikelihood of him ever bothering to find someone better, Sonic never believed he owed her the confirmation, so he'd quickly shoot her down whenever he felt she had overstepped her boundaries. It was frustrating and disheartening, but it encouraged her to be more independent, and more confident in her romantic advances, as well as in-general.

Sonic likes the negativity, but needs the positivity.

“I'll show HER crazy; in more ways than one!”

Sonic loves to butt heads with her. Hell, the day wouldn't be complete without her chasing him and/or threatening to, at the very least, put him in a sling because of something ill-advised he did. He could more than handle it; he relished it. He made a living weaving in and out of trouble, for crying out loud. But sometimes the complicated pressures of being a hero (nevermind his current, less-than-stellar public image) would become unbearable, and he'd find himself needing her childlike wonder and enthusiasm, despite how psychotic and manic it may be. He IS a mascot after all.

I usually don't like to get so deep into the romantic endeavors of fictitious characters, but I thought this was an interesting concept, and certainly felt it made the games more endearing.

TLDR: Amy is a crazed, and obsessed fangirl, but has a good heart. Sonic loves putting her in her place, but won't ever reject her, because the WORLD rejected him. Best video game romance of the year, all years.

Any comments?

"Am I a hero? Eh, I don't know... I don't think it's heroic if the only person you're saving is yourself."

- Gordon Freeman

I believe we can go full circle with this one and use this as an example of why there is so much negativity towards the sonic fanbase. The word 'fanaticism' jumps to mind. Are those direct quotes? Also, google what sentence fragments are and how to avoid them. I'm not going to argue whether or not SonAmy is the best video game romance ever (it very well may be, for all I know), but try not to get so lost in the prose that you lose form and coherency.

That being said, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the character even though many may not.

sonic x knuckles OTP

come on son get it 2gether everyone knows it's the truth.

R.I.P Stephen "Anti-Social Fatman" Bray

"In the meantime, the sun will be rising. You will know all, and I will not feel this dread any longer."