Artist competition

How do you prefer the judging?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. How do you prefer the judging?

• Person who creates rules picks winner
    • Participants pick winner
    • 2 Volunteer Judges
    • 1 Volunteer Judge
    • New Suggestion 1 in Posts (In case someone suggests)
    • New Suggestion 2 in Posts (In case someone suggests)
    • New Suggestion 3 in Posts (In case someone suggests)
    • New Suggestion 4 in Posts (In case someone suggests)
    • New Suggestion 5 in Posts (In case someone suggests)
    • New Suggestion 6 in Posts (In case someone suggests)

Sign in to follow this  

The Winner of the previous cycle first states an object or idea and rules, upload their material in form of post, then either people or the Person who asked for the drawing, vote for a winner and the cycle repeats. Period of Entry into the competition and competition itself to be determined.

How's that idea sound?

Request could be as vague as this:

Material: "Accursed Farms"

Rules: None

The competitors could then upload an image they made of the subjective term "Accursed Farms" and having made it in whatever way they wanted.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

For the first challenge I would suggest "unusual material" you make anything useing stuff your not use to useing

How would that be fair at all? Someone can just fake it.

"When a son is born, the father will go up to the newborn baby, sword in hand; throwing it down, he says, "I shall not leave you with any property: You have only what you can provide with this weapon."

*Update*

Ok seeing as the majority support this so far and the only person "complaining" just has a minor suggestion, I will probably create the thread in the forum games section and state the first subject to draw and rules, if I don't do it soon for some reason, by all means, you, who are reading, can create the thread.

I'm affraid I don't really have enough free time for this.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

What so it could be something like:

Material: Robot

Rules: Pencils only

Or am I not understanding this correctly?

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."

It'd more than likely be draw something using any materials at your disposal, signature required, real life pic of the drawing preferable. most fantastic one wins. there should also be a panel of judges, but yea.

Jek Jek Roo: The point is you join whenever you want to, if you're lucky you've already drawn something that the rules ask for..

Lord Sinister: Yes exactly the way you wrote. You can even write ridiculous rules like make a Penguin out of a Michael Jackson face (resizing it, collaging it). The idea is it can be both fun and educational/artistic.

Billy (Sorry lol): That's what this is about. Good point about signature. Judges, idk, we don't have that many people, that's why untill anyone knows a better idea, the person who stated rules will be his own judge. Of course someone may win the hearts of the stand-byers having not won the challenge..

Well I'm certainly no artist so if I do post anything here it will likely be either amusing or horrifically bad, but I'm totally all for having a crack at this whenever the first one is set. I won't win, but it will be fun regardless. :P

I'm mainly doing it to work on my artistic skillz, I do plan on entering, just not expecting to win.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Меня зовут Bill. Я убью тебя.

Not sure why i replied in Russian, also not sure if it's apparent that i was joking. Anyway, i'll judge if you need me to. I may participate, but i don't know yet.

Internets tells me this translates to "They call me Bill. I kill you."

I'm just waiting for this thing to go ahead so I can deploy my child-like drawing skills! :D

Internets tells me this translates to "They call me Bill. I kill you."

Yea, translators are idiots. :lol:

I said "My name is Bill. i'll kill you."

I don't use generators, i look up the specific phrases i want to know. what you used got the gist of it at least.

Sorry that i'm off topic. gotta stop saying things that instigates that. :/

Ok, I will start this thing in Forum Games. You see how I highlighted the important word? :D

I'm just not doing it right now, cause of two reasons.

1. I'm busy a lot this week with a bunch of birthdays and gigs and work and technical school and so on..

2. I want to figure out the fine details with the judges, what Bill said with voluntary judges is usually a good idea but I'm not quite sure we have enough people. However maybe two judges is enough for the games to work? Maybe stick with creator judging only? Or all participants must pick someone else's work and then the person who was picked the most wins?

Anyway look to it in the Forum Games section sometimes this week, I will put link and likely double post here when I do it. :mrgreen:

And if somehow things don't work out with me, again by all means you, reader, can create the thread, just figure out the judges rules. Otherwise we basically have a good fundamental ground rules already.

EDIT: I will change the question to figure out how we want the judging to work, I think we can solve it like that

VERY IMPROTANT EDIT: IF you have a suggestion, for the poll's sakes, depending on if you are first or second to suggest a new Suggestion, in your post write in the begging "Suggestion 1" or "Suggestion 2" like in the poll. I ALLOWED RE-VOTING

3. how would involuntary judging work? :P

*knocks Srake out cold, and waits for him to wake up*

Srake: Where the fuck am I? And why am I tied up with burning rope? And spinning around in circles?

Me: You've been picked to judge the artists.

Srake: What if I refuse?

Me: *Stabs Srake in the leg, then slashes him across the chest* You don't refuse.

Srake: *After wetting himself a bit* alright, I'll judge.

Me: *Turns to Bill* That is how you do involuntary judging.

SUGGESTION 1. (Look below quotes)

1. Okay, so you want this moved to forum games?

2. it makes more sense to have an odd amount of judges to prevent ties.

3. how would involuntary judging work?

1. No, I will make a thread entirely for it, this is the Artist Competition discussion thread, leave it as it be for now...

2. I guess so, but the way I was thinking the judges would rate stuff out of 10, and simply explain a small bit, and the highest points added up from all the judges would go to the winner. The minimum points one would get is 5/10, nobody gets dissapointed and there is laughs and giggles ;).

3. Read above post.

SUGGESTION 1 is now 3 Voluntary judges.

My suggestion is that anyone regardless of participation can vote for their favourite submissions.

You could also have it so that submitters cannot vote at all, but that's a separate point from the above.

I kinda like Sinister's idea, kinda like Bill's, but for now, until the thing picks up some steam, I would just go with the starter picks the winner.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time