Half life skin issue.

This applies to both HL:S and HL2, I've tried posting on the steams forums and the FPSbanana forums and all i get is shit so here i am now.

HL:S files appear as they need to, Theres Materials models etc, however in the hl2 folder there is only 3 folders.

I follow almost every tutorial video on how to install Skins to the games and they do not work, the skins simply do not show no matter how many times i uninstall and reinstall.

can i please have some help here?

I hope this helps. I tried putting it in layman's terms.

Most source engine based games will have a hl2 folder and their main folder. If you want the models to show up, you'll want to put it in the main folder.

As an example, HL2:DM has a hl2mp folder and a hl2 folder; Garry's Mod has a garrysmod folder and a hl2 folder. I don't really care to see what the hl2 folder does as it probably won't be important here.

If you need more help, then just ask away.

I hope this helps. I tried putting it in layman's terms.

Most source engine based games will have a hl2 folder and their main folder. If you want the models to show up, you'll want to put it in the main folder.

As an example, HL2:DM has a hl2mp folder and a hl2 folder; Garry's Mod has a garrysmod folder and a hl2 folder. I don't really care to see what the hl2 folder does as it probably won't be important here.

If you need more help, then just ask away.

I have already tried putting the needed folders in the hl2 folder.. I am using mods for 2009-2012.

nonono, I mean you don't put them in the hl2 folder but in their main folders.

nonono, I mean you don't put them in the hl2 folder but in their main folders.

Hm.. Never heard of that Trick before. I'll try it out if i can find my mod files again. What files do i put in the main folders AKA the ones with hl2 inside? Do i put the skins Materials etc folders in it?

Sorry. Im a Newbie with this stuff.

If you open the main folder and just click and drag the material, model, etc. folders then they should merge with the material, model, etc. folders already within the main folder.

If you open the main folder and just click and drag the material, model, etc. folders then they should merge with the material, model, etc. folders already within the main folder.

With my vanilla game before i had any mods there wasnt any Materials and models (Etc) folders at all and i dug through it. Multiple sources said i need to just pretend they're there and continue with installation. Is something wrong with my game?

Found the cause of issue! Everyhting has been isntalling to my regular Program files folder instead of (x86). Skins work now guys!

Found the cause of issue! Everyhting has been isntalling to my regular Program files folder instead of (x86). Skins work now guys!

paint_comics___facedesk_by_shadowinkwarrior-d5h4fxg.png

Because flipping tables isn't enough.

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.

- Karl Pilkington