Need some ideas for the good'ol bussiness.

Sign in to follow this  

Hi. As none of you know, my mother owns a flowershop. Currently we're not in a very good financial situation so I decided to get into the social networks and become the community manager and administrator for the bussiness' facebook page. I'm also in charge of graphic design, as we can't afford a real designer and my mom's and partner technological knowledge is almost non-existent.

So, I'm trying to figure out some ways to improve sales and make the page more dynamic. I've come up with the following:

-15% discount on your order/purchase if you saw the add on facebook

-Randomly give away a $40 prize every 2 weeks to all the likes in a post (flowers, of course).

-Flower related trivias

-"Did you know?" And "fun fact" flower posts.

-Tips on how to make your flowers last longuer (since you bought them dead).

-Curious uses of flowers in history and different cultures posts

-Giveaway flowers and dinners at good restaurants on special ocassions such as mother's day, valentine's day and such via like contests (random). (Already know a couple of people we can get a partnership with).

---------------------

If you could come up with something else, that'd be great (: Also, If you want to post/ask for ideas for any other kind of bussiness feel free to.

(Changed the topic title because it sounded like something straight out of a spambot).

Thanks.

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

I really like those ideas. Here are some I just thought of on the spot:

-You might want to consider expanding into Twitter in addition to Facebook.

-Post pictures of flower arrangements, both pre-designed and custom ordered.

-If applicable, advertise events that the shop is involved in and post pictures of such.

I'll start by getting into twitter myself, haven't ever been on it so I'm not familiar with it's dynamics to the point I'd involve it with the bussiness, but I'm progressing on that and using my own for now to learn it. The second one and third one are even easier to incorporate than any of mine. Thanks (:

Valentine's Day is coming up, I better get working on that!

''Almost everything–all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure–these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important.'' - Steve Jobs

Coupouns! They work great because they usually make it seem like the customer is getting a huge discount even if it's only a few dollars off. If you're knowledgable in web design, I suggest you're own website, or even a Google site. Something that makes you a bit more independent. Don't get me wrong, Facebook is great, but it isn't the most proffesional thing to run the online part of your business from. Ordering online is always a good thing since it's convenient. Oh yeah, and custom t-shirts for the employees add a nice, proffesional-looking touch. It makes them easy to distinguish if customer needs help. Other than that and what you already have, I can't think of anything. Good luck!