Bravest Warriors (YouTube Animated Series)

Sign in to follow this  

Well, Pendleton Ward, one of the greatest cartoonists of modern day (IMO) has created an internet series that is posted to YouTube. Season 1 is closing up this Thursday.

All the bits are moderately short, but packed with random humor and fun. I thought I'd show it to you guys:

This here's Episodio 1

mpDOscUDQ_0

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

Unlike Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network seems to have it's shit together. You see tumblr making gifs of shows from Nick? And I mean new shows, not like Spongebob or Fairly Odd Parents or the actual good shows they used to make. And then there's Hasbro with the Hub, but I've already said my piece about that.

It just amazes me how these companies are so out of the loop when it comes to what their consumer base wants. I'm not saying CN is perfect, but as far as cartoon networks go, (pun intended) they're doing pretty well for themselves. All Hub has got going for it is MLP (which can go either way for me at this point) or some good older shows like B:TAS. Which is all well and good but watching reruns of the same show gets old after a while if it's already been cancelled.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

Well, Pendleton Ward, one of the greatest cartoonists of modern day (IMO) has created an internet series that is posted to YouTube. Season 1 is closing up this Thursday.

All the bits are moderately short, but packed with random humor and fun. I thought I'd show it to you guys:

This here's Episodio 1

mpDOscUDQ_0

Well then... the show is uh.... okay at best. The humor is there, but like Adventure Time, it's just not for me. Although I did like the attention to detail with the time traveling in the first episode.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

No.

Wow, that sentence just changed my entire outlook on life and revolutionized my way of thinking. Oh wait, I was kidding. Sometimes you're just a pain in the ass, Bullseye.

Anyways, I completely understand Ninja. Also, Pinks, I think this is actually an independent project. CN has nothing to do with it as far as I know. It's run by Pendleton, I believe.

Life is just a time trial; it's all about how many happy points you can earn in a set period of time

One continuous linear story that spans the entire series? Unlikely. Not a watch for me unless it has unrestricted humor (i.e. South park, YouTube, etc.)

One continuous linear story that spans the entire series? Unlikely. Not a watch for me unless it has unrestricted humor (i.e. South park, YouTube, etc.)

The plots of each individual episode are hardly even related. They just tie in the Emotion Lord a lot. And it's not satirical social humor, so nothing like South Park.

I love this series so much. Season 2 is kind of weird though. Like, borderline grotesque.

Also, collective foal, is your sig from avatar (tla)? because that show was AMAZING.

"Every saint has a past, and every sinner has a future." -- Oscar Wilde

Yup, it's Iro's song that he sings for his son. Made me cry like a baby.