The Last of Us

Sign in to follow this  

XBOX and PS3 controllers can be plugged into a PC and used identically to the console usage... Why does nobody seem to know this? (I admit analog WASD would be interesting though)

I asked around about that some time ago, after seeing a bit of PS3 Skyrim footage of a guy sneaking and circle strafing an enemy, while slowly increasing his speed. I was instantly jealous of console games. The problem seems to be that PC games don't know how to handle that 'analogue' input and turn it into regular, binary input. Then you might as well just use the WASD keys.

It depends on the drivers you use... The default ones that come from MS don't do a very good job at displaying the capabilities of the controllers when plugged into a PC.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I see. It's good to know a game will understand the analogue input regardless of whether it's a console port or not. I will need to look into this some more then (I'm building a new system around autumn / winter). Ideally I would use the analogue controller, a mouse and most of the keyboard for other functions.

Yeah, getting a controller to work the way you want either requires the game to accept the raw input from the analog axis provided by the sticks and the XBOX360's triggers, or drivers that will do the same. Some games just won't allow you to map a controller axis to an axis, (like the left stick to replace the mouse control) and that can't be corrected by any driver. (blame the game programmers for their shitty control options) Also, deadzones on the controllers are impossible to set outside of a very select few games with the MS drivers... (I've loosed quite a few missiles prematurely in H.A.W.X. due to this problem) I still have yet to find a free set that works, but I'll let you know if I find some.

Yup, though there could be some issues with that in some games, it still looks like fun.

Back on topic.. okay. Sorry. Well the move has been completed but sadly the PS3 hasn't survived the 300 km trip. It got knocked about a bit too much in the mountains I guess, so I won't be playing this game for a while. Maybe it will work on the PS4. :(

On the plus side, I got an awesome new house on a huge property. (o/

I had some extra time on my hands today, so I decided to see if I could recover anything from that tape recording that Joel plays halfway through the University of Colorado. He skips past sections of it, but you still hear some sound. I tried to slow them down and heard a few new words. But it still doesn't make much sense.

KROj72yMO0o

Still cant tell what they said. Also I need some help because

I'm stuck again, this time in the sewers, imediatly after being separated from Ellie and stuck with Sam. I have a brick, one revolver bullet, and enough supplies to make either a health kit or a molatov.

I have the perfect comeback. A Spaz-12.

Maybe it's easier to hear with headphones. Well, I thought it was worth a shot anyway.

The PS3 being broken, I had to look up a playthrough for that part. I think you can stealth-kill most sneakers in the beginning (difficult, you have to stay out of view at all times - but there are some sneakers that are in that weird comatose state where they don't react to anything), but up to a certain point only, where the game forces you to go in to combat. I've seen players (on easier modes!) simply run past them until you reach the ladder Sam throws down (the sneakers don't attack you during the cutscene), but then you miss out on a lot of goodies.

I think the forced combat starts around the area to the left from where you start, where there is a slight incline. That area is a good place to attack a group of sneakers with the molotov, as they have no place to jump behind (they can be annoying to group together as they try to jump behind cover all the time). I think you should be able to get at least two with the molotov there. With luck you'll have found more ammo at this point and you can take out the remaining sneakers around the ladder (think there is one hiding right around the corner there).

tl,dr:

- simply run to the exit and miss all the goodies, OR

- stealth kill as many as you can (you don't need a shiv for sneakers)

- draw out a couple in the back in that coverless hallway so you can molotov them

- loot some ammo to kill the last ones

Even on survivor you're going to get a couple of molotovs for that last sequence in the sewers, so you should be okay even if you have nothing.

Maybe it's easier to hear with headphones. Well, I thought it was worth a shot anyway.

The PS3 being broken, I had to look up a playthrough for that part. I think you can stealth-kill most sneakers in the beginning (difficult, you have to stay out of view at all times - but there are some sneakers that are in that weird comatose state where they don't react to anything), but up to a certain point only, where the game forces you to go in to combat. I've seen players (on easier modes!) simply run past them until you reach the ladder Sam throws down (the sneakers don't attack you during the cutscene), but then you miss out on a lot of goodies.

I think the forced combat starts around the area to the left from where you start, where there is a slight incline. That area is a good place to attack a group of sneakers with the molotov, as they have no place to jump behind (they can be annoying to group together as they try to jump behind cover all the time). I think you should be able to get at least two with the molotov there. With luck you'll have found more ammo at this point and you can take out the remaining sneakers around the ladder (think there is one hiding right around the corner there).

tl,dr:

- simply run to the exit and miss all the goodies, OR

- stealth kill as many as you can (you don't need a shiv for sneakers)

- draw out a couple in the back in that coverless hallway so you can molotov them

- loot some ammo to kill the last ones

Even on survivor you're going to get a couple of molotovs for that last sequence in the sewers, so you should be okay even if you have nothing.

Thanks, On my normal playthough I just ran past them, but they seem to be catching be before I get anywhere. I'll try being sneaky

Just to be safe about that last line I wrote: I meant the sequence just before you permanently exit the sewers. You can throw them in the door opening while you wait, one by one, and take out at least 8 runners.

Just to be safe about that last line I wrote: I meant the sequence just before you permanently exit the sewers. You can throw them in the door opening while you wait, one by one, and take out at least 8 runners.

Yep, I did that my first run too, works like a charm. Now I'm at

that annoying-ass sniper in the suburbs.

Smoke bombs can be really helpful to get past a few corners here.

If only I had some... At least it's humans this time, they can be intimidated.