Marvellites assemble!

Sign in to follow this  

As i know there is at least one other marvel fan here and its quite high chance there are more, i decided to make this topic to discuss all related to marvel.

So, since there are quite few months to go until Avengers: Age of ultron movie, they released trailer few days ago, which is quite epic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmeOjFno6Do

i will make post right below here to tell my toughts on trailer or rather- on connection to comics

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I have strong feeling Age of Ultron will be epic on so many levels. I really enjoyed Ultron storylines in comics (i mean i loved but hated him as villain), though first encounter came to suprisingly anti-climatic solution.

Oh and geek in me and huge Stargate franchise fan loves to see James Spader (known to SG fans as Daniel Jackson from 1994 movie) is playing Ultron. from geek to villain

(warning, possible spoilers ahead of previous marvel movies and comics, so read at your own risk)

i am geniuenly interested, how many connections they plan to make with actual comics. I mean, all we know to date is that Ultron is made by Iron man, not by Hank Pym (also known as Goliath at time of Ultron 1 creation, other more famous aliases include ant-man, giant-man, yellowjacket). I mean Pym (or Janet "winsome wasp" van Dyne) doesnt apparently appear here, which is actually bit sad, but then again, 2 huge brains in same movie (Stark and Pym) would probably be not so good idea, especially as Pym adds more drama. Still, does Stark uses his brainwaves (as Pym did) to map Ultron's brain?

Speaking of changes in roster, compared to first encounter with Ultron (Ultron-5) in comics, Hulk is on roster. Bruce Banner's hulk (i.e not counting Red hulk) was part of avengers only for 3 first issues for years and also Black widow is in team.

What makes this avengers more interesting is that S.H.I.E.L.D disbanded in Captain America: The winter soldier, which should mean that Avengers are now their own team rather than goverment agency, which is quite interesting as in comics it was other way around: Avengers came together after defeating Loki and they were basically independent for certain time.

And now we reach probably one of most interesting parts for me personally- Vision. In comics, Vision was made from body of original Human Torch (not to be confused with Jhonny Storm- Fantastic Four's human torch)- the one that was android. Brain waves used to make Vision's mind were the ones of Simon Williams, power man, who was made as weapon by masters of evil (baron Zemo, enchantress and executioner (latter 2 are asgardians)) to kill avengers, but he had last minute change of heart and saved avengers and died in progress. he was later revived though.

Question here is that since neither android human torch or power man arent even hinted to exist in marvel cinematic universe as of now and if they arent hinted in movie, yet Vision would act same as in comics i.e join avengers against Ultron, it wouldnt be good if it isnt replaced with anything similar. I mean reason why Vision turned to its apparent creator, Ultron (whom he believed created him) was that Vision had brain patterns of power man and some leftover ones of android human torch.

Its also interesting to think wheter or not will Scarlet witch and Vision fall in love in cinematic universe too. descriptions also hint that we may see early hints of Scarlet Witch losing her mind before Avengers disassembled equivelant

In any case, this movie will be interesting.

Jack O'Neill: "You know Teal'c, if we dont find a way out of this soon, im gonna lose it. Lose it... it means go crazy. nuts. insane. bonzo. no longer in possession of ones faculties. 3 fries short of a happy meal. WACKO!!!!!!!!"

I'm pretty excited for this movie, as well as most other CBMs coming out in the coming years. (BvS, X-Men, Captain America 3, etc.) The only series I'm kind of iffy on is The Amazing Spider-Man, whose last film sucked, so we'll see how that goes.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Kaweebo/

"There are no good reasons. Only legal ones."

VALVE: "Sometimes bugs take more than eighteen years to fix."

I'm pretty excited for this movie, as well as most other CBMs coming out in the coming years. (BvS, X-Men, Captain America 3, etc.) The only series I'm kind of iffy on is The Amazing Spider-Man, whose last film sucked, so we'll see how that goes.

well, ASM is made by sony not marvel studios- thats main issue here

I'm more of a Spider-Man fan then a Marvel fan, enjoy the movies (TASM is better than the Raimi trilogy IMO). I also enjoy Spider-Man The Animated Series, and Spectacular Spider-Man. I've tried Ultimate Spider-Man (show) and I just can't get into it, never read the comics, but I do enjoy the Spider-Man games. He is the super hero that got me interested well he and Batman, but Spider-Man was first.

"We don't call them loot boxes", they're 'surprise mechanics'" - EA

Honestly, I prefer the DC heroes... Batman, Green Arrow, Deathstroke, etc. They all had far more realistic motives and personalities IMO.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.