Morality and Gestaltism v. Individualism

In another thread, evil is discussed and I'll touch briefly on it and say that I don't believe evil is a universal. If you gave a spider human intelligence, murder of its own kind wouldn't bother it as much as say, a ordinary person. I will say it is fundamental concept to humans and social animals. In almost every civilization, one rule has been escalated to near universal level, "Don't do unto other as one would not to oneself". as humanity progressed, cultures deviated and specified what one should expect to want and exceptions to these rules for certain enemies. In all of this however, two main Ideologies have seemed to prevail worldwide to me. call me fuckin' stupid but they look like this

Individualism: The belief that one should act on an individual basis and not care about the differences of another, while instead caring what should be good for oneself

Individualist's work well in big populations, where different ideas can co-exist, and in fact must co-exist in order to function

Gestaltism: The belief that one should act on a group mental, caring about what might be best for the group first and foremost, and trying to keep out what might tear it apart

Gestaltist tend to work well with small populations, keeping the status quo while weeding out anyone who may not follow the current well and may cause trouble

Neither are inherently bad, just different, and what schisms humanity as a whole, possibly forever

Call it what would will, liberalism or conservatismthe Ideology is one that defines what one believes and how one thinks to a core, and prevails over every single political ideology ever. So what are you? An individual or part of a gestalt? Is my philosophy on morality in line or do you have a different opinion? Am I just a fucking idiot who has no idea what he is saying and is trying to make himself sound smart by using big words? Am I a purple monkey that rides in a clown car screaming things that sound raciest but is not directed at any group know to man? Share your thoughts below YOU PAPAYA FUCKER

P.S If it seems biased I see myself as an individualist, so my bad. Also encase you do find this stupid, sorry I've been on a personality test kick lately.

HEHE HAHA HOHO

"Am I a purple monkey that rides in a clown car screaming things that sound raciest but is not directed at any group know to man?'

Yes.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

In another thread, evil is discussed and I'll touch briefly on it and say that I don't believe evil is a universal. If you gave a spider human intelligence, murder of its own kind wouldn't bother it as much as say, a ordinary person. I will say it is fundamental concept to humans and social animals. In almost every civilization, one rule has been escalated to near universal level, "Don't do unto other as one would not to oneself". as humanity progressed, cultures deviated and specified what one should expect to want and exceptions to these rules for certain enemies. In all of this however, two main Ideologies have seemed to prevail worldwide to me. call me fuckin' stupid but they look like this

Individualism: The belief that one should act on an individual basis and not care about the differences of another, while instead caring what should be good for oneself

Individualist's work well in big populations, where different ideas can co-exist, and in fact must co-exist in order to function

Gestaltism: The belief that one should act on a group mental, caring about what might be best for the group first and foremost, and trying to keep out what might tear it apart

Gestaltist tend to work well with small populations, keeping the status quo while weeding out anyone who may not follow the current well and may cause trouble

Neither are inherently bad, just different, and what schisms humanity as a whole, possibly forever

Call it what would will, liberalism or conservatismthe Ideology is one that defines what one believes and how one thinks to a core, and prevails over every single political ideology ever. So what are you? An individual or part of a gestalt? Is my philosophy on morality in line or do you have a different opinion? Am I just a fucking idiot who has no idea what he is saying and is trying to make himself sound smart by using big words? Am I a purple monkey that rides in a clown car screaming things that sound raciest but is not directed at any group know to man? Share your thoughts below YOU PAPAYA FUCKER

P.S If it seems biased I see myself as an individualist, so my bad. Also encase you do find this stupid, sorry I've been on a personality test kick lately.

RE: "Share your thoughts below you papaya fucker" I don't care what your intent was behind this line, but don't insult people on this forum. even if it's just to be funny. people can take it the wrong way and it could start a flame war.

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.