Protests in Poland, Isn't That Where Ross Lives?

Title says it all! Apparently there's protesting going on in Poland after the government did something many see as untoward and/or wrong. Anyone with any insight or thoughts? :P

They're protesting cause they realized none of them want to live in the same place maniac Ross Scott lives. :D

Seriously: Sources would help... :3

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35272542

Is this what you're talking about maybe?

"Ross, this is nothing. WHAT YOU NEED to be playing is S***flinger 5000." - Ross Scott talking about himself.

-------

PM me if you have any questions or concerns! :D

Looks like the traditional first step towards a dictatorship.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

I don't know about that. Europe's a pretty "national governments are puppets of a larger body" sort of continent with the exception of Russia so if Poland really go anywhere towards a dictatorship they'll probably be met with more resistance from the continent than they've had.

As an European and a government employee who works with EU stuff (including participating in Council working parties for legislative acts) I can say that Poland has always been the odd one out (and their buddies from the Visegrad group) that fights hard so something does not apply to them or they get better terms. Which is good to a certain degree. Their previous governments have been very vocal in some subjects in this matter.

This new government might be even worse, and we see they are trying to make controversial things in domestic level as well. I'm not familiar on the reasons why poles voted for this government (I heard people saying they were fed up with the previous ones and their policies), but lets hope it won't end up in a bad way - you vote for more radical parties and than get fucked by them in some way.

The thing about radical people and radical governments is that yes, a lot of people might agree on certain things. e.g. the hot topic of immigration - yes, a radical government might help you on that point, but they might fuck you over on some other, where you will cry - what the hell are they doing and on what drugs are they on? A topic on which a normal government might not do anything like that. From what I heard one of the issues at the moment is that the government wants to limit press freedoms in some way (maybe (especially someone living in Poland) can elaborate more on this?). That's a serious issue, "democracy" in Turkey is already doing that. What's next? Will you be happy when it will be forbidden to talk bad things about the government, politicians? Or face maybe even jail time? With radical governments anything is possible.

Everything's a slippery slope to you isn't it

Just a friendly reminder that the U.S. began with protests

the name's riley

I think he was referring to the government trying to control the media.

Although I can't be for sure, since it is a bit vaguely worded.

I HAVE to blow everything up! It's the only way to prove I'm not CRAZY!

Although I can't be for sure, since it is a bit vaguely worded.

That's a bit more reasonable. Still a slippery slope, however.

the name's riley

That's a bit more reasonable. Still a slippery slope, however.

Look at Turkey... Technically its a democracy and people for some reason vote a lot for Erdogan, but he is leaning towards an authoritarian regime if you ask me...

That is exactly what I was intending... How anyone could think that protesting government overreach is a step towards a dictatorship is beyond me.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

Ok, I may turn out as a person that doesn't give a fcuk... well

It's like this. About half of Poles doesn't give a fuck about the voting and government. The current government was chosen by a MINORITY of all the people who can vote.

This party (PiS - Law and Justice in translation) is considered a bunch of nutsacks on a power trip (they used to be in the government in 2010 but then a plane with the president and half of the ruling VIPs crashed at Ukraine). That's kind of another story BUT the president that died there was a TWIN brother of the PiS party leader, so you can imagine psychological implications of that...

Anyways, they are trying to take over National TV, but no one watches it or treats it seriously. I haven't been watching television for about 3 years now and I'm a better human!

Otherwise, I just occasionally share a meme on Facebook about another retarded thing they did. I count on sped up elections after they screw up something again. I'm afraid they may actually screw up Polish economy and this is a crime. So I just hope that some group of people will stand up to them and their powertripping will end soon.

Otherwise, I don't like talking or engaging myself into politics because I think most of it is bullshit and waste of everyone's time. This is my personal opinion, so don't bother Ross about MY opinion, ok? ;)

Thank you

Ross's girlfriend (IRL) Twitter: @AmazingMagda follow me! ^^to somewhere! ^^

So far I know thigns are going allright in poland atm, I mean compared to other countries in the world, it's rather peaceful atm. We have some issues but I hope no war will come here...

As I remember in winter, they wanted to make a huge protest where the majority protesting were suposed to be academy/collage students. It appeared that the student's didn't give a fuck about protesting since most of them were busy with exams and session and it didn't even worked well. I mean the protest. I see in every month there is a new idea for prteting agaist something.

"Even if something sounds logical, it doesn't mean it have to be true"

This website uses cookies, as do most websites since the 90s. By using this site, you consent to cookies. We have to say this or we get in trouble. Learn more.