Last thing you "liked" (Tumblr, Youtube, etc)

Sign in to follow this  

Well it's 2017, and I'm leaning towards the idea of making a new thread daily - or at least as "daily" as I can manage, it might end up bering bi-weekly the way TalkTalk has been ballsing up my internet recently. Partly as a tiny self-imposed challenge to keep me invested in the forum, and a way of engaging with something on my days when I've achieved nothing except having gone to work and not immediately and instinctively gone on a spree killing - or maybe I've just got fuck all else going on.

I've had this idea for a topic rattling around in my head for the last few days. You know how a lot of websites have "like" or "favourite" buttons? What was the last thing you "hearted-the-everlasting-crap-out-of" on any site you choose to peruse? It can an image, video, song, quotation, an update, post or blog entry, etc. literally anything on any site with approval functions - like Tumblrs heart symbol below updates that allows you add stuff to your likes list. Would you also be so kind as to briefly explain why you liked said thing. This thread idea is admittedly a little nominal but I wanted to start my avowed New Year's Resolution on a positive note.

The last thing I liked was My Amp Goes To 11's Top 11 Posts of 2016, because I'm a titanic art nerd. I'm also inordinately fond of odd-numbered "Top [###]" style lists. Here's three of the artists featured that particularly caught my eye.

tumblr_odm8uzplpq1r0i205o7_500.jpg

Matthew Day Jackson, Odalisque (2015)

tumblr_o5ib6wo98g1r0i205o6_1280.jpg

Romain Langlois, Space Attraction (2015)

tumblr_oio6kl8Hzx1r0i205o7_1280.jpg

Yuichi Ikehata, Fragment of LTM4 (2014, estimate)

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I gave this wonderful track by the electronic composer Carl Stone a thumbs, from a channel I've recently fallen head over heels in love with titled Name Less. An early ambient piece of his that is glorious in it's subtly shifting tonality. Sounds extremely pretty yet haunting at the same time.

X2Mr6VoFIeo

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa