Overlooked YouTubers

Sign in to follow this  

Occasionally you'll stumble upon a really good channel on YouTube and wonder: "How does this person not have more views and subscribers?!" So here's a thread for the underappreciated people of YouTube. Post your favorite YouTubers that no one else knows about. Here's what I mean:

my roomate the is a channel mostly dedicated to the "my rommate the XYZ" series, which are videos, usually between 5-8 minutes in length, that show the strange kinds of people you could end up having as a roomate.

BpyoE-FKZXY

But besides that they also make a lot of other really funny sketches and skits that all have a ton of effort put in them, in writing as well as acting and editing.

Ci2Ae2Nz1VA

And despite all that they only have (right now) a bit more than 61.000 Subscribers. Come on, guys, we need to change that!

^ I really liked that "Everyday Soccer Player" skit icon_lol.gif Admittedly, it may have something to do with my inherent prejudice against footballers and sport in general, but I really liked the ballonshop-esque overbaked silliness of it - my roommate the now has a new subscriber thanks to you Mr. U. Cat. This a rather good idea for a thread Reverend! Did you have a limit of subscribers in mind to inform our nominations? Or is the criteria for a channel more or less along the lines "not PewDiePie"? Do let me know, I worry my tastes might be a little too mainstream.

I've always enjoyed A Jolly Wanker's stuff. He basically just edits together his captured footage of weird, meme-filled and otherwise horrible mods for games like Half-Life, Skyrim and the original Doom. The only indication that we get to see of AJW's thoughts on the utter madness he subjects himself to are the numerous bits of text commentary pasted over the aforementioned footage, which consist mostly of his pithy succinct responses to his seeming unfettered terror of Bronies. Although his technique appears lo-fi his editing and comedic timing elevates these videos to a higher grade than most of his fellow deliberately inept tier gamers.

230,712 subscribers.

fZwVSqUEi1s

"10/10

Best smooth jazz I've ever heard."

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa

I can't believe I forgot to mention the following channel sooner! It's one of my favourites on the entire website and in my humble opinion one of the best of the oft-called "reading" channels. Eastside Show SCP (21,720 subscribers) is ran by a Texan gentleman named Steve who does readings of the many articles on the SCP Foundation Wiki, in fact I stumbled upon the spooky pleasures that particular site thanks to ES-SCP. I tried watching a couple of the other SCP reading channels after discovering ES-SCP, but so far I haven't come across one that compliments the lore and thematic tone of the Foundation as much as Steve's work.

His readings are by various turns atmospheric, intriguing and genuinely chilling at times; his somewhat modulated and bureaucratic tone reminiscent of a tired archivist for the fictional organization lets one suspend one's disbelief and take the often absurd premises of the objects and entities in the SCP's custody totally for granted. Not to be intentionally sniffy about other SCP orientated channels, but all the odd and unwarranted stylistic choices they make as well the narrator's "game show host" inflections seem to miss the point entirely. Eastside Show SCP does more than simply promote the SCP Wiki to a broader audience. Steve has legitimately achieved an accentuation of the experience of reading one of the sites articles he lays his artful eyes upon.

lYaFGfmnPVY

KSwj4CJHKBE

tgD7FqB333M

When close friends speak ill of close friends

they pass their abuse from ear to ear

in dying whispers -

even now, when prayers are no longer prayed.

What sounds like violent coughing

turns out to be laughter.

Shuntarō Tanikawa