Wallpapers for old/obscure games

Sign in to follow this  

I have a collection of game wallpapers on my computer and I add more to it for every game I finish (and their expansions). However, finding a good wallpaper in larger resolution than 1024x768 can be quite difficult for older or more obscure games. So I made a few passable wallpapers for myself using existing low resolution artworks or cover arts I managed to find on the internet. Essentially upscaling, filtering and other forms of editing the image.

Examples include Polda series, Triumph War 2099, Shogo MAD but also Call of Duty 2 (couldn't find one in higher resolution which wasn't in-game screenshot or didn't have huge "Call of Duty" plastered over it, I upscaled cover art instead).

So I thought, maybe I could upload these somewhere, so other less-skilled-with-graphical-tools people don't miss out on a decent wallpaper for their favourite game. But, since all of it is not an original work but uses someone else's work without permission (and given what kind of games we talk about here I doubt it would be even possible to obtain it), I don't know where to put it or whether I should bother with it at all.

On a side note, are there some people or a site focusing on art for old or obscure games?