A House of Many Doors

Sign in to follow this  

The setting has a great ominous atmosphere but it's really slow and confusing at the start and while it does pick up eventually after upgrading the vehicle and having the stats to reliably use the fast travel mirrors. The combat and exploration are so-so but the game's main draw is its storytelling.

Not GaaS. Just a regular single player game with no further purchases at all beyond the soundtrack. It's kind of a shame there haven't been any expansions, the world's locked room design seems perfect for them.

This is an intresting spin on the Sunless Sea formula: Not only is the world more varied and therefore more intresting, you have much more capability to influence it. I especially love the museum: you can build it in the City of Keys and populate it with intresting items you find during your adventure, modifying it's public image and serving as a trophy hall for your travels; no I wish all open world games had this mechanic. The only drawbacks are the meh combat and the obvious budget limitations. Good/Great. I also think it would make a good subject for a Game Dungeon