Eastshade

Fantastic game, very relaxing, and looks absolutely gorgeous. And it won't take you long to complete. Definitely check it out.

I really liked the beautiful graphics. Enjoyable game. Something about the game seemed pretty clumsy, just a touch more polish would be nice. I put a bunch of hours into it, then cheated to get somewhere, which disabled achievements, and I just lost all motivation to play. I regret my choice. I hope to play it again some day without cheating.

A great effort by an indie dev to create a Skyrim-esque, open-world exploration game. The gameplay loop of being a travelling painter where you get commissioned for painting various scenes around Eastshade was an interesting idea. It's a good, chill, exploration game with zero combat mechanics; just painting and exploration in the form of main quests and side quests. Game does have some technical issues around frame rate drops and stuttering. Game only crashed on me once, but stuttered/hitched significantly at least two other times. Characters could be seen A-posing and suffering from glitchy animations like walking into walls or walking around at odd angles. Draw distance on close up objects like trees was pretty noticeable. Voice acting was kind of uneven.

Overall rating: Good/Great

BJ! We need you defending us with the MG42!