Carmageddon: Max Damage

Sign in to follow this  

I played this game when it just came out and I played it after their "new graphics" update, which made things visually a little bit better, so it doesn't look now very muddy like it was at the beginning. It took them a while to make it, though.
To me, basically it's a soulless remake with a tagline of "We are coming back to the roots, like the first Carmageddon, WITH NEW GRAPHICS AND STUFF".
The gameplay may be fun sometimes. SOMETIMES. Just trashing other cars are not as fun as it was in the first game. At least they have better damaging model, so cars will have parts breaking off. Pedestrians also started to act like robots. You just don't get that believable feeling of running over a pedestrian anymore, you have a feeling that you run over NPC'S in this game.
Soundtrack wise, Maximum Sexy Pigeon has some good industrial-techno-metal(?) music that fits quite good. On the other hand, Morgue has annoying WUB-WUB dubstep that, y'know, doesn't fit in a game like this. I have no idea what they were thinking about the last one. I think it was the "trend" thing.

I also found out where they spent their financing money. I believe I also saw a NASCAR vehicle with Carmageddon paintjob, but for some reason I can't find it anywhere.

BbsAWXzCMAAUaFD.jpg

A3uayeSCAAAkrWu.jpg

On 8/30/2019 at 4:29 AM, RaTcHeT302 said:

I remember playing this, and the graphics have this awful purple tint going on everywhere. I don't know if you can turn it off, but the filter was nasty.

Framerate wise, the game also ran pretty badly. I don't know, this game had a ton of technical issues for me. And it's a game I was looking forward to.

Gameplay wise, I found it to be a bit bland, maybe it's actually fun, when the framerate is high, and without that horrid color filter.

If I could play the game properly, I'd be willing to give it another shot for sure.

Apparently there might be a version, without that ugly filter called Carmageddon: Reincarnation, but I can't find it. It's probably just the old name.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/16892/

This game had horrible launch. You might remember one of the earlier builds. It got much better since then when it comes to framerate and performance optimizations.

Edited by Eagle (see edit history)

The idea is there, but it's not Carmageddon 2. I've played Reincarnation (which is the original version of Max Damage - Max Damage is essentially a console edition of that game) when it was just a beta and it wasn't good or fun of whatever. So yeah, glory days are over.