updates

Sign in to follow this  

Hey people, here are the updates I was talking about. First and foremost, I have to finish the second Noesis guide so I can free up more time to work on machinima. I'm getting close, but it might be another week or two, but after that there will be a big jump in production. Here's what you can expect coming:

Freeman's Mind - I can get these out much faster than CP and I really need to step up the pace if I'm going to get through all of the Half-Life series. I'm hoping to have another one out by the end of the month, then a lot more out after that, but I'm not setting any deadlines since that's already backfired on me before.

Civil Protection shorts - I may release some CP episodes that are very short in nature. I'm not sure whether I want to count these as actual episodes or not, but I'd like to be able to release more of CP without it taking forever. Depending on how much time volunteers have to work on it, this could also come out this month, but I'm making no promises.

15+ minute episode - this will be the scary episode, called "The Tunnel". It's already been partially produced, but it still has a ways to go. This will likely be the next big episode to come out. I was originally hoping to release this by Halloween, but that's not going to happen now because of everything else I have to do. I'm hoping it can be done by sometime in November.

20+ minute episode - this one is also partially produced, it will be called "Open Forum" (as in the Greek kind, not an internet one). It will mainly focused on dialogue and will introduce several new characters. It will also require a lot of facial expressions, which I'm leaving to someone better at that than myself. So when this one comes out depends on how busy everyone is, but I haven't forgotten about it.

New website - work has resumed on this again, it might come out this month, but it depends on whether the person helping me will have time to finish the coding and if I have time to make a new logo for it.

I also have a ton of other ideas of things I'd like to do, but that's what's going to be coming in the semi-near future. For everyone frustrated with the pace of things so far, I feel the same way.

I know I as well as others want all these as fast as possible but we can wait. We may not like waiting but I'd rather see a good production done right then a bad one made fast.
Plus, I am assuming your human and you still need money to survive for stuff like food.
I can't wait for the long episodes but I can't wait for the website most of all! Hope your doing good, Scott.

Frustrated? hell no.

You get me damn excited (not in the creepy way) every time you post or announce something. This stuff is pure gold. Take your time, fine tune it, make it entertaining, I'm sure none of us would want it done any other way.

Wow. You are extremely good at making maps. I'm pretty good too, maybe I can make some maps for you?

I see you have alot of work ahead of you.

I think you should be little more relaxed with your pace. Of course I do wait your new episodes, but I don't get angry with late releases. Your works are worth waiting.

So, take your time and don't feel too much stress about updating in time. You know Haste make waste.

P.S. The news about scary episode made me really interested. I hope it isn't very scary though >_

Don't worry we're used to waiting for things to come out...

*cough*valve*cough*

You do exelent work Ross. take you time.

I know a lot of people would like to see Freeman's Mind in HL2.But: "if I'm going to get through all of the Half-Life series."
Uh, does that include Opposing Force ?

Asking this because I would love to see the soldier's Thoughts as well. (and partialy because I just loved that game)

patient people: Thanks, I really took the extra time on the latest episode and I'm glad I did. The only regrets I have about that one were things that were beyond my control (twitchy animation, engine glitches). Even if it takes longer, I don't want to rush CP out, since it's not like I can release a patch for the episode.

pdan4: I'm actually not, all mapwork I've done personally is based off of Valve's or else tweaking someone else's. I have yet to make an original map on my own. Nicadeamas is the main custom mapper for the series now and has done a fantastic job so far, so there's no way I'd drop him. However I will consider using other maps for different episodes. Do you have some screenshots of existing work?

ed: Well this will be my first real attempt, but I'm going to TRY and make it scary. It will be progressive though, the scariest part will be towards the end. And don't worry, it will still be funny throughout as well.

We have waited for things much long then this, so take your time

What happened to the 20 minute CP you were almost done?

we can wait for years we just love when they come don't be worrisome.

:D have fun

You mean 'Open Forum'? It's already included in the blog post.

arctic avenger: Probably not unless someone ports it to source. In addition to needing a different voice I wouldn't be able to add in the motion blur on the HL1 in a practical manner.

anonymous guy: I don't think I ever said the 20+ minute one was "almost done", but it has been partially completed. And Otto's right, that one will be Open Forum. It's on hold because the person who will be animating most of the faces has been very busy, and I'd rather wait on them than do it all myself.

you know. A Mike and Dave Radio show would almost be enough every 2 weeks. Just 3 minutes of audio to tide us over. The characters aren't those CP metrocops. They are your writing. And 0 video editing aught to step the production speed up 2000%.

^Haha that would be great actually. I love CP. Its by far the best HL2 Machinima I have ever seen. I like Dave.

As for Freemnas Mind, its so great I would also love Opposing Forces and Blue Shift but as you said Ross, you would need different voices and Barney is already done. If only you could get VALVe in on it.

That said, By the time you make your way through HL1 and to HL@ I am pretty sure EP3 will be out that way you can continue your geniuos work without having to wait.

Then there will be the matter of HL3 (HL4 since the EPs were supposed to be HL3).

F12Bwth: I actually have something similar that would even better than that planned, I just want to get other stuff off the ground first.

Jimmy (Smitty): Yeah I'll certainly have my hands full with the HL series. I figure if the MST3K crew can do their show for 15 years, I can at least try to get through the main games on FM.

Need help with the banner? I do Photoshop... I would be really happy! ;D

Maybe, do you have examples of previous work?

It's very good work. I'm willing to wait.
It would be funny if you made a Myspace for Mike and Dave.