Freeman's Mind - Episode 32

Sign in to follow this  

Hello all. I need some help. I've finished transcribing Episode 32 into a text file but I don't know how to turn it into a subtitle file.

I have Subtitle Workshop but I don't know how to use it. I'm going to post the TXT file here for the time being without timecodes, but I'd like some assistance on how to use SW in case I do this in the future. Or I can do the timing as soon as I can figure out how to use the program.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: Thanks to MartinX, I was able to get Subtitle Workshop working and I've finished subtitling Episode 32. I have updated the attached file with the SRT. Enjoy!

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

It's really simple actually. Just use the ''Show'' and ''Hide'' options at the bottom left corner. For example, if Ross says something between 0.07 and 0.10, insert 00:00:07,000 and press Enter in ''Show'' and 00:00:10,000 in ''Hide''. After that simply write your subtitle in the textbox to the right. You can insert a new subtitle with ''Edit'' - ''New subtitle''(not sure whether it was called exactly ''New subtitle'', but it's something of that kind). I recommend downloading the video and putting it in the program for better accuracy. Do it with ''Movie'' - ''Open''. In the end, save your subtitles as ''Subrip''.

Don't forget to put your name somewhere in the video(preferrably the beginning)!