Urgent Suggestion for Christmas, Halloween & Holiday vids

Sign in to follow this  

The holiday vids should make more references to whichever holiday the video is for. Not doing this is missing an easy opportunity to set a mood for the video. I realized that the holiday videos don't seem like holiday videos because I lose track of the idea that the game exploration video is for that holiday. I don't like a lot of things about cable TV, but one thing they did right is create a theme for holidays, like halloween, and you *knew* it was time to get in the halloween/christmas spirit. Commercial breaks would have a quick shot of some lit up carved jackolanterns and spider webs or something. These are the "things you see all the time" for halloween, but it does the trick!! I don't want to say *how* to implement these things (unless ross is really interested to hear about it, but I think he watched the same television i did as a kid) or which things to implement; all I'm trying to get at is making the idea of the holiday more present in the viewers' minds; i really feel like all these holiday vids lost potential without having done this.

I have some example ideas, however these are just some quick ideas and it can be done however:

- for halloween videos do a segue to pumpkins and show carved pumpkins or something

- tell a relevant story or anecdote about something that happened on that holiday.

- play some generic christmas music. jingle bells is always a winner (even if you're tired of "the same songs" ross. I WANT TO HEAR JINGLE BELLS ALL. THE. TIME.)

- talk about festive activities related to whichever holiday and go on the quick tangent to titillate our thoughts

- sleigh bells for christmas

- lets see some green ooze for halloween. everyone likes green ooze, ross 8-|

I think you get the idea.

Edited by FullBusinessSuit (see edit history)