A DC Comics Elseworlds Idea (aka Am I Crazy For Thinking This Would Work?)

Sign in to follow this  

So I've been kicking around an idea for what's probably going to be DC Comics Elseworlds fanfiction (there's no way I'm ever going to get to pitch this to the actual heads of DC)....basically, it revolves around Lex Luthor (looking like Jesse Eisenberg, because I refuse to believe he was playing Lex in "Batman v Superman") and Superman actually working together to make Metropolis a better place.  The "evil rich people" role would be filled by the LexCorp board of directors (all octogenarians, effectively embodying "status quo" and "the good old days", aka the days of the gas crisis and other such things) and Morgan Edge (because let's be honest, corrupt media moguls are an "in" thing these days).  Lex, in my idea, is more of a Steve Jobs (minus the crippling character flaws)/Bill Gates/Elon Musk type, rather than a Boesky or Gordan Gecko; he legitimately wants to help the people of Metropolis, and despite his humanistic tendencies, he ends up more fascinated by Superman than just thinking "ALIEN, KILL IT".  

I'd go into more detail, but first, I'd just like to know if this makes any sense at all.  I've had at least two people tell me "Lex isn't supposed to be a hero", and one tell me to keep going with the idea....maybe this is just me looking for gratification/proof I'm not crazy for thinking a heroic Lex would be cool.  I dunno.  I figured that if anyone could keep me on an even keel with this, it'd be the fellow fans of Ross Scott (and Ross himself, seeing as how one of the ideas I had for Lex improving Metropolis would be to design an OS that supersedes Windows and follows Ross's ideas of how an OS should be intuitive and user-friendly).

Sounds kinda like you're rolling up the "real world" section of Tron Legacy into the Superman universe, with Lex Luthor instead of Flynn's son.

Would be an interesting read.

Don't insult me. I have trained professionals to do that.

On 3/21/2021 at 4:40 PM, BTGBullseye said:

Sounds kinda like you're rolling up the "real world" section of Tron Legacy into the Superman universe, with Lex Luthor instead of Flynn's son.

Would be an interesting read.

I haven't seen Tron Legacy in ages, so I completely forgot that part....granted, in my idea, Lex actually shows up at meetings and has conference-call shouting matches with the Board over his proposals, but other than that, your description of it does make sense. 

Here's a custom of Lex I made to go with this idea. 

g85ItOO.jpg

Edited by DukeNukem 2417 (see edit history)