Map of Metal

Sign in to follow this  

If you guys haven't checked out this amazing flash game and you love metal and it's history... You are missing out on something amazing!

http://mapofmetal.com/#/home

It's an actual map showing the history of metal and the genre's it's created and come from. At each part of the map ( each sub-genre is an island with sub-genre's of the sub-genre as sort of landmarks ) you can listen to music from the time period and read all about the history of the music

This is pretty cool, I am not such a music fanatic(I love listening to music, but I don't really care about the history n stuff), but this is still interesting. Never new there was such a thing as rap metal. Thanks for the link.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There's actually quite a few rap metal/rock bands out there. Rage Against the Machine, Street Sweeper Social Club, Body Count, Rehab. There's more but I can't think of them at the moment. Those aforementioned bands are the ones I listen to anyway.

EDIT: Anthrax also did a joint metal/rap song with Chuck D. from Public Enemy; they helped popularizing the concept to a degree.