Ross's Game Dungeon - Sonic Heroes

Sign in to follow this  

Overall, really well done. Only minor suggestion is to split the 2nd subtitle block into two, one for each sentence.

Unless two adjacent sentences are spoken very rapidly, most style guides want one subtitle for a sentence unless it bleeds over to the next one or there are multiple speakers.

Thanks very much. I've fixed that, and took the chance to amend some spelling mistakes and other weirdness (I somehow managed to misspell San Francisco in the first file)

More suggestions:

• Typo: subtitle 7—'been in a bike' vs 'on'
  • In-game dialogue that's already subtitled doesn't need to be subtitled again (e.g. ["Hey look! It's Sonic!!"], ["Shaa!"], etc.) but  unsubtitled stuff like ["Take that! Take that! Take that!"] can stay in.

Alright, that's it. If I notice anything else, I'll add it to this.

Edit: Forget first typo, I'm dumb.

Edited by Erasmus Roterodamnsus (see edit history)

Thanks Erasmus.

About point 1: I'm afraid I couldn't find the typo. I checked my original and redownloaded the file above; subtitle 7 already says "in a bike or skateboard accident" in both files.

As for re-subtitling dialogue, I was on the fence about it. Since in-game subtitles are always on, re-subbing character dialogue instantly clarifies if Ross is directly reacting to that dialogue, or if the dialogue is incidental and he's talking about something else.

That said; you're right that it wasn't necessary to re-subtitle everything. From now on I'll take the same approach as with music or sound effects, and only subtitle what Ross explicitly comments on/reacts to.

Still, I've been over this many times and keep finding things I'm not totally happy with, and could probably keep doing so until the heat death of the universe. So for the sake of finishing at some point I'm going to draw a line under this one.

Edited by Randrye
EXCEPT for correcting the spelling of Jon St. John's name *facepalm* (see edit history)