February updates

Sign in to follow this  

So far I'm lovin' everything you've produced here. I found your stuff at a recommendation from a friend for Freeman's Mind & I'm enjoying Civil Protection just as much! I haven't even played HL2 yet (just HL1.) Keep up the good work. However long it takes for the next installment it's worth waiting for.

~ Evil Jim

we are fans of your series "Civil Protection"
and me as a beginner in my series "kleiner the squad," I would like to know your series "freeman's mind" and I
make a French version, if you want to, can you tell me how you do the voice of combines and what software you use for your videos and how you had such a fluidity in the game?

my steam account for add friend: romanosky265

e-mail: [email protected]

Please answer me!

A1-13: Possibly, I'm undecided about that.

Keth: My production rate will increase once I get the new website up, but seriously, you don't have to refresh this twice a day. The more time I spend online the less I get done. Once a week should be plenty for checking here.

blackAngel: I doubt it, though I'm undecided.

AlphaTM: I like their early games better and I think Valve is probably rich as hell right now.

Kerensky The Red: There will likely be a long gap between the 1st and 2nd episode of the new series. It will be a pilot because it's unknown whether I'll be able to continue it past 1 episode due to technical reasons.

Usod Stallion: panhandling as an organ grinder

Andcus: Thanks, part of me wanting to make the pilot episode is because I still haven't shown my full range yet and probably won't for quite some time. Everything I have planned is comedy, but I have some pretty exotic ideas in my mind.

raichi imatake: I'll list the software I use in a FAQ when the new site is up. I use a different voice, minor pitch change, and a bandpass filter for the voice of Mike in CP.

Cool new series can't wait to see the pilot, anxiously awaiting a new FM!

LONG LIVE FREEMANS Mind!!

Hi, Ross
I'm a big dan of CP and FM. If you want i can translate them. I'm Polish btw. Email me ([email protected]) and tell me what do you think about it.

Ross, you should do what you wanna do, and keep up the great work! I herd from one of the comments below that the CP episode will be 20 min, give or take a bit. I cannot wait! RAWR. You might want to think about getting help with animations, as juggling 3 series is pretty intense. Also, if you did do anything with Team Fortress 2, i think i would have to officialy create a ross religion >_>

I really love your series, Ross. My brother, sister, and I always look forward to your next episode of CP and Freeman's Mind (we kind of watch them back to back with popcorn).

I was wondering however, how far are you going to go in Freeman's Mind? Are you going to the other Half Life games as well? I know that would be plenty of episodes and an overload of work to do (considering the fact that you have other projects).

Hey Ross, I have a problem with faceposer, when I make a wav file and make a extraction you know, and save the file.

And then open the channel and click "WAV" then I can't find my wav file, and waht is there a script it asking for? is it like that noesis.txt file from your tutorial, taht I'm gonna make like that for it should work?

dude, hurry up...this is worse than waiting for the next episode of Battlestar Gallactica. ;^)

Drakeduck: Did you place the files in the steam game directory where FacePoser searches for them? Also, I'd look into more SDK help forums first.

Gir: I don't think Ross has thought into that too much yet. As stated previously, it's a long way ahead to start planning follow-ups but anything could happen.

You really should stick with freeman's mind and whats it called.. civil protection..

Which technically it's last proper episode was 'on a rail'...which was too long ago to even bother thinking of.

Either kill off freeman in an upcoming episode or end civil protection if you want to start a new project..

As entertaining as both projects are...anything else would wear out the patience of the most ardent followers..

Best of luck

love the CP and FM every time i watch them i notice something new and it makes me laugh my head off, hope the new show will be good and always hoping for more of CP and FM

I'm guessing it's a Team Fortress 2 related thing...

Drakeduck, the script it is asking for is a soundscript, the purpose of which is found here: http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Soundscripts
In it you will need to add a new line for the script file you are going to create for your custom wav files in the game_sounds_manifest.txt file. Then you will need to create a soundscript file (see above link). An alternative to this is to edit an existing one. The above link also gives you an example of a soundscript entry or a wav file.

Hope that helps

Top work on both Freemans... and CP; please keep CP going at least. Rare for US gamer humour to translate that well over here in the UK but this makes me laugh my balls off

So, where are the episodes? U said that it's gonna be a fast update of FM. That's why I agree with others, to don't do any more different episodes than CP and FM because the waiting is a bit long...

The latest FM episode has been recorded since Tuesday, as an experiment I let the guy helping me with the audio take care of balancing the volume this time, guess it's not going so well.

in ur next FM episode u should make a reference about a pro counter-strike player by the name of Jonathan "FODDER" Reynolds. like if something completely random happens like an explosion, say "That was about as random as FODDER's AWP..." LOL

A New series.... I don't think it's a good idea... this will only slowdown FM and CP....