FAQ

Sign in to follow this  

I just reread the main site FAQ. It could use an update. Not a big priority, but I don't think some of it applies anymore.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Mostly stuff related to the forums because they didn't exist when the FAQ was written, like this one:

Q: Who is in Accursed Farms besides you?

A: There’s not really an official roster. Things operate more like a mercenary camp. Some people have helped for a long time, others only briefly. The credits to the videos is always the best indicator to find out who worked on what.

This presumably still mostly applies, but we do have a few forum Admins

Q: I posted a comment on your page, why isn’t it showing up?

A: It’s a delayed process as someone has to approve the comment first. I didn’t use to have this, but then I got spam comments along with ones from the occasional psycho. I won’t block any comments that criticize the videos as long as you’re civil about it. If you act like a jackass however, there’s a good chance your comments will get blocked. I’ll also block comments that insult other people just because that rarely leads to anything good.

The comment system referred to here was replaced by the forums, and:

Q: Will you switch over to Black Mesa for Freeman’s Mind once it comes out?

A: Maybe. I’m undecided, that might be a good transition for after Freeman blacks out.

Will shortly need an update as Freeman reaches that part of the game. Not a major overhaul or anything.

"That which you do not know, is not a moral charge against you; but that which you refuse to know, is an account of infamy growing in your soul. Make every allowance for errors of knowledge; do not forgive or accept any breach of morality."

Yeah, the FAQ hasn't changed since the site got moved over. The only change was when I added an entry about the subscription feature.

It's definitely on the list of things to do, including making it more navigatable (w/ a TOC similar to Wikipedia)

Freeman's gone through the blackout bit and Black Mesa isn't out yet so that part isn't likely to happen I don't think.

Feel free to PM me about almost anything and I'll do my best to answer. :)

"Beware of what you ask for, for it may come to pass..."